Spark Plug Wires

JFromm
JFromm Senior Contributor
I am in need a set of spark plug wires for a 1954 Jet.  Does anyone know if there is a comparable part number so I can purchase these at a local store?  
Thank you

Comments

• Probably have to get a universal set and cut them to length.
  • Toddh
    Toddh Member
    Suggest getting the correct cable, boots and crimp connectors at places like Brillman or Rhode Island Wiring Service. It’s very easy to make up a correct set for yourself.  
  • eddiehudson
    eddiehudson Senior Contributor, Member
    JFromm said:
    I am in need a set of spark plug wires for a 1954 Jet.  Does anyone know if there is a comparable part number so I can purchase these at a local store?  
    Thank you
    You can go to NAPA and buy a universal set with either straight or 90 degree boots. If you want a copper core set they probably have them also, or you can buy the stuff and make your own. Make sure you measure your longest wire to make sure there's at least one in the set.
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    What Toddh said. Also buy yourself a proper ratcheting spark wire crimping tool.
  • JFromm
    JFromm Senior Contributor
    Thanks for the help.
  • 54coupe
    54coupe Member
    edited July 2021
    I buy a set for a pre 1973 small block Chevy, and use the six shortest wires
  • Val
    Val Member
    I bought mine from Rhode Island Wire but have also used YNZ out of California. Easy to make your own. And a good authentic look.