for sale clock Hudson sales and service

for sale Hudson sales and service neon clock. approx 21" dia.  clock is working, neon needs to be repaired, broken wire.
dial is excellent and glass is excellent.  will e-mail pics to serious inquires. pick up only in cincinnati, ohio.  i will not mail
for fear of having glass broken.  $1200.00     ph513-771-4568

Comments

• 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    pictures ?
  • jagman7
    jagman7 Member
    pics
    pictures ?

pictures ?

• jagman7
    jagman7 Member
    i'm a motivated seller...make an offer..thanks
  • trdrew
    trdrew Member
    Can you show a picture of the neon lit up? If the neon tube is bad, or the transformer is bad, or both are bad, that makes a huge difference in the value of the clock.
    You may disagree with me, but if it was my clock and I was asking $1200 for it, I would fix the bad wire. It's not like you're asking 20 bucks for it and it's not worth your time to fix the wire. 
    Any smart buyer will assume that they will have to replace both the neon tube and the transformer unless you can prove that they work, and will offer much less than you are asking. 
  • jagman7
    jagman7 Member
    her is a pic of the innards showing transformer etc.  as you can see, the broken wire is
    off to the right with some old insulation on it. i cannot tell exactly where the wire connects, so didn't want to mess with it. the neon had been working for the last 40 years  in my weld shop untill someone went to change the time and blow out weld shop dust and knocked the wire off.  the buyer will want to have it rewired.
  • dholck
    dholck Expert Adviser
    At least if you've had it for 40 years and it has "honest crust," it is most likely to be good, right?  Buyer beware on most of the high-dollar "vintage" metal signs and so on; look at a few on EBay and other places and note that the "wear marks" and patina are exactly the same on them.  In my opinion, there is very little of this stuff that is original to be had out there.
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    It is a real NPI clock. These were not reproduced. I have one in about the same condition (but it works). I had to replace the neon, but the neon guy only charges about $100. They are nice clocks and easy to work on.
  • dholck
    dholck Expert Adviser
    Granted; people in-the-know can say this is not a reproduction, but a blanket "these were not reproduced" probably goes too far.  Just look through all the "vintage" stuff on EBay and see all those antique toys with supposed age patina - mostly all fakes.  Caveat Emptor!
  • jagman7
    jagman7 Member
    yes indeed, it is an original.  i sent it out to be repaired the other day. should be ready in a couple days. 
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    I do have a reproduction of this clock bought in the early 90s.  Mine is exactly the same but the outer paint is crinkle blue.  Paid about $400 for it and made in the US not a wimpy Chinese copy.  I can post pictures when I get back from Mem. day vacation.  
  • okay, got the clock back from being repaired and works great.  nice new transformer installed.
  • would like to see this clock go to a good Hudson home.  i don't own a Hudson and need to let it go.  make a reasonable offer and its yours.  thanks
  •  I will be driving through Cincinnati sometime during the first half of July... I will check in and see if it is still available when I have exact dates
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Here are photos of my repro.

• 40indianssgmailcom
    40indianssgmailcom Senior Contributor
    Both look the same although the repop has a different minute hand
  • Eric
    let me know, when
    cheers
  • clock is sold.....thank you