wiring diagram

does anyone have a copy, of a wiring diagram, 1948 Hudson ,overdrive I have one but it does not show the colors of the wires?

Comments

• Motor's Manuals that cover this time frame have this info (pictured) and much more.  Copies on eBay sell for cheap and I highly recommend you get a copy to supplement the Hudson repair manuals.

Good luck.
  • I found an outfit that sells everything for an overdrive unit. It was on my old laptop that finally workout. They also sell the diagram for the overdrive unit wiring. They sell the units for 6 volt and 12 volt. I have a 48 super six club coupe
  • Try this outfit for overdrive parts for your Hudson "Fifth Avenue Antique Auto Parts". I'm getting everything from them to rebuild my transmission and over drive unit
  • Thanks Blondwookie,I will look into it.
  • trdrew
    trdrew Member
    Scan from the '48 - '49 Service Manual
  • Does anyone have an overdrive relay, used or not.??  [R-11 overdrive]
  • used or nos
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    edited May 2021
    Deleted
  • If time is on your side, I would suggest getting a new one to install. Is your car a 6volt or 12 volt?
  • 6 volt
  • Go through that outfit that a suggested to you a spell back
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    This link will show you how to repair your existing relay to operate on 6 or 12 volts.  The replacement relay selection matches your electrical system.  https://www.studebakerparts.com/studebakerparts/store/s/agora.cgi?page=relay.html  OR just wire in the relay with out the cover.  I have a 12  volt relay hidden and kept the inoperative relay on the firewall with Essex plug and covered wires for originality appearance.  Good luck. 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    might be easier for you to use the attached PDF .... It appears on my website at the TRANSMISSION page entitled Relay repair.... 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Also I just placed this _ HOW DOES IT WORK Diagram on the transmission page too...
  • trdrew
    trdrew Member
    Fifth Avenue Antique Auto Parts has new overdrive solenoids, kickdown switches, relays, dash control cables, & the proper GL-1 gear overdrive oil.
    Have have good experience with this vendor.
    https://www.fifthaveinternetgarage.com/
  • thanks, would you have a photo of the carburetor fuel lines it seem there are 4 in or outlets, on my carburetor??