U-Joint part #

kamzack
kamzack Senior Contributor
Need current u joint part number for 1950 Commodore. Looked in Ken Cate's interchange and no luck.
   Thanks,
Kim

Comments

• railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    I have a vintage Hudson swaps manual-interchange parts book (revised 1984) by Louis Backhus, J.R.  For 1936-54 Hudsons it lists quite a few other car make universal joints that are compatible for these years.  They include 62-72 Camaro, Chevelle, Chev II, Nova (exc Turbo Hyd), 55-70 Chev 1/2 ton 3 speed, 64-68 Mustang 6 & 8 cyl Auto Tr, and 45-67 Willys (exc Wagoneer).  Perhaps someone else can vouch for these other makes. 
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    34 and 35 UJs are Landrover Discovery.
  • All 3 should work with Spicer/Dana 5-153X

This is what I successfully installed on my 1951 Super and the U-Joints on a 1950 Commodore should be the same.
  • kamzack
    kamzack Senior Contributor
    Thank you. I've come up with part #348 Moog. Local flaps has that listing.Had to hold onto the counter when he told me the price, nearly $30.00 each.  Gonna do some diggin in my stash before consume a C note.
     Kim
  • tombia
    tombia Member
    That is the most common U joint around, used by everybody, better double check what you are asking for rock auto has them from about $5.00 to $14.00.
  • Using the numbers posted above to cross I just bought three NAPA P369 for my 53 project. Haven't tried them yet, but they look right. This Hudson forum is mighty helpful.
  • used the napa 369 in my 52 wasp