Hudson twin h parts and more

Hi all, I’ve got a few old cars in a property I purchased and have decided to see if it’s worth it to sell some parts off them, they have been picked at before and are missing some things. IM NOT A SCAMMER and will NOT ship parts nor request payment in any form besides cash and in person.

im in Cincinnati Ohio.

I have the complete twin H carb setup off a Hollywood 4.3 I believe. Even has the original vac gauge.
has the twin h upper intakes and filters. No idea when the last time it ran was.

I have glass too. Most the other stuff is missing/picked off, rotted away. Let me know if there’s any interest 

Comments

• To clarify, I have the complete air filter Canisters dry type and the entire twin h setup. It’s a 51 Hollywood.
  • What are the cars? Post pictures please.
  • I’m still trying to identify what all is what. I don’t have pics, I could send some via email or text. From my understanding these housings are the “square end dry type”. The cars are all in rough shape and picked clean for the most part but a few had the hoods stuck shut so the engine bays were relatively untouched. This one is a 52-54 Hudson Hollywood, that’s all I could really figure out. I’m looking to sell what’s easily removable and I’m sending the left overs to my scrap man so not interested in selling the motors or anything like that, I have no titles to any of these and I’m not interested in going though the process of getting them. Let me know if there’s interest and I’ll see if It’s worth it to pull the parts. The glass is all there. It’s a manual shift transmission behind a Hudson L6. Can’t tell if it’s a 3 or 4 speed
  • This is a photo from the web. But this is the canisters I’m talking about, this engine bay was untouched so I pretty much have everything I think. 
  • Deleted
    Deleted Member
    edited April 2021
    I also have a 54 Hudson wasp single window convertible brougham manual transmission. Single carb
  • Since I am in Cincinnati, if anyone is interested in this guys stuff, I could go look at it. I guess we can find out if he is a scammer or not.
  • Since I am in Cincinnati, if anyone is interested in this guys stuff, I could go look at it. I guess we can find out if he is a scammer or not.
    Not a scammer, meet in person and if you want what I got you buy it in cash. Let me know.
    I don’t ship and I’m not a parts yard. 
    As said we don’t have anything paperwork and as we don’t know the history nor anything about these cars we’re scrapping the metal and clearing out the property. It’s a old warehouse. I have partners invested and they have NO interest in these vehicles. I’m not a mechanic and don’t have much in terms of tools. I’d hate to see it all crush but I am not in the position to work for free anymore. I’m also not interested in having anyone work on the vehicles where they sit, we have valuable on site. I think I can grab some pictures soon and see what’s of interest.
  • Hopefully someone can get these I'd hate to see them go to the scrap yard
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    edited April 2021
    I would guess that there is a 308 attached to this setup?  Sad to see that end up as scrap.
  • Me to, my hands are tied. As I said there’s just to much to deal with in terms of legal paperwork. I’ve dealt with this before, ultimately a scrap man drags the metal and machinery off and cuts it up. It’s a rather “discount” service if you catch my drift.
    I simply was seeing if it was worth the time to invest. I love old things, own some machinery from the early 50’s. But these cars are rough and picked over pretty good. I have no use for them and TRUST me NO ROOM that’s for sure. The one I identified is a 52-54 hardtop 4d with a h power setup, possibly a hornet but really not sure. Dash says hornet and the gas cap has a H on it. Some of the cars were outside and have sunk into the ground. If you need or want a part let me know and I’ll see if it’s there and the condition. I found the glass mason jar vac canisters pretty cool.
  • 50C8DAN said:
    I would guess that there is a 308 attached to this setup?  Sad to see that end up as scrap.
    No clue, hard to tell they all look the same if I’m being honest. It would have been sitting for probably 30 years easy judging by the dust on top the car. Cats/rodents ate it alive and the leaky wet concrete floors/foundation rotted the bottoms right off. I’ll grab the parts that I think look easy to get and worth it. 

It’s a bit time sensitive as they want the area cleared out and some construction done. We forked them through the doors to move them once already. Are the windows commonly hydraulic?

• 50C8DAN
    Although it looks dusty it does not appear too bad under the hood.  Someone local should try to pull the Eng, trans as one unit.  If it can be cut up it is not that hard to do.
  • Deleted
    Deleted Member
    edited April 2021
    under the hood is relatively untouched, the metal thiefs took all the chrome and random stuff but didn’t bother to get this hood open, the radiator is still there which surprised me.

and you could cut the dust with a knife. Makes me think it’s been stationary since the 90’s

the space it’s in is mixed use, there’s a tenant still working out of a portion of the building and as such stores a big portion of inventory in the same local so letting 3rd party’s in is no an option hinge why I was asking for a list of what I should try to save before she takes her last journey. 
  • 50C8DAN
    The '54 Wasp convert is a super rare car and parts from it would be very beneficial for anyone doing a resto on one.  Yes, all Hudson convertibles, like most of the early 50s and before used hydraulic power windows.
  • 50C8DAN
    I am not on FB but someone might want to post this info there to see if there is interest. Seems like a lot of folks are on there.  This stuff is worth saving instead of ending up in China as scrap metal.  Good Twin H 308s are getting more difficult to find and they don't make as many as they used too  :)
  • It sounds like you want them out as soon as possible and I would not be able to pick them up until late June or July but I was wondering if you would have any issue with a forum member buying them and just loading them up on a flatbed trailer and Hauling them away?
  • Dang it to far away for me, but there  has to be a Hudnut in that region that can get these cars out of there, just to buy some time so that they don’t get scrapped until the good parts are sold. 
  • I got a trustworthy buddy of mine that said he can drag them out. I’ll update when there’s news
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    nice.  and post some more pictures if you can
  • Deleted
    Deleted Member
    edited April 2021
    Will do. I’m curious (and a few others)

the car I’m now interested in is a 1954 super wasp twin h convertible. When I did some googling I came across some number that were pretty surprising.

is this car particularly valuable. It was one of the few stored inside and is not in too bad of condition (as it appears).

how would I go about identifying this car to find out what it truly is. I get the vibe they could be a mish/mash of parts and not a “diamond in the rough” 

Oh and it’s a manual with 3/4 speed on the Column

Jesus I have too many projects and yet it always seems I find another I want!
  • 50C8DAN
    Others can chime in that know a lot more, but Super Wasp convertibles are very rare animals. '54 was a short year for Hudson with the Nash merger and sales were close to in the tank for the latter part of the year.  It would be good to take some photos for the Wasp experts here to give some perspective.
  • I’ll take as many pics as possible once she’s out. I’m not a primary agent in this matter if you will and the tenant is not friendly (for good reason). The cars have literally no story and no owners, been with the property longer then anyone alive can remember. The property has changed hands a lot over the years and always been occupied in some form or another, the cars could be stolen for all anyone knows and my partners have no interest in them. I took the task of clearing the area they are stored in to get a better look at them, we have plans to remodel that area to suit so I have time but not unlimited. We picked the two hard tops up through the door windows by the roof and moved them because they were on the ground, they are but shells. The convertible hasn’t moved yet, there was 2 more cars out back in the dirt but they are gone already, metal thief’s have been picking them apart for god knows how long. I get the vibe someone 30 years ago was planning to restore this convertible and bought the others for parts but may have shed the mortal coil before seeing it realized. Poor fella.
  • homebrewblob - I sent you an email about these cars. Please email me at mikesheridan1@yahoo.com and I will try to help you with these cars and parts.
  • Deleted
    Deleted Member
    thanks for the offer mike, I did get your email but didn’t respond due to work.

The convertible is stored at another location at the moment and the other cars got crushed. 

Scrap man had a truck with a claw and I thought it was going to tip over! 

The convertible were investigating and will decide what to do after we make sure it’s not stolen and can get a title. 

If I can get a title I may keep it but god what a challenge it will be to get that car rolling again.

All 4 wheels were seized solid.
  • bull_islander
    Thats a shame if the car with the twin h setup pictured above was one that got crushed?  Those pieces would've come off fairly easily and the complete set with linkage would've fetched a few hundred bucks.  Folks here are steady looking for those pieces.
  • Deleted
    Deleted Member
    Yeah that was a hardtop I believe, I posted asking if there was interest but no one wanted it, only the whole cars but that was not an option 
  • Deleted
    Deleted Member
    edited May 2021
    The convertible is for sure a single windshield (1 piece) 1954 Hudson super wasp convertible with a 308 twin h.
    4 speed manual transmission with 4 speed on the Column. 

I’ve never seen a column shift in person before. This car is actually way more complete then I first thought, it was packed behind some others, it’s hood was stuck shut like the others. 

There was also a Volkswagen minibus and some Volkswagen ghias of some kind.

whoever put this collection together had plans of grandeur. 

Every car except the convertible went to scrap, I watched them crush em with a claw and put on a flat bed. I’m a partner in the Acquisition of the property not the main man. 

I can’t Emphasize enough the amount of rust due to the wet floor, These floors are Always wet because they are below grade in the back where the cars were. 

The micro bus was hard to watch but as I said it didn’t even have doors left. 

It was all Mostly a bunch of rust

we figured it was a few thousand in cars/parts and that’s in the way of a 500k investment so they had to go. I pulled the convertible from under their nose honestly, hope it was worth the trouble and time.

we will see when it ends up being stolen and I’m out the time/money. I’ve had that happen before 
  • bull_islander
    still would like to see pictures of the wasp when you can take them.  some states are easier/harder than others to get a title. 
  • It sat there for decades but yet there is not enough time to spend a week to figure out if something of value is there. Yeah, right.