Searching for the instrument panel glass for a 47 Hudson super six

Allan25
Allan25 Member
edited April 2021 in Parts & Pieces
I am searching for the instrument panel glass for a 47 Hudson super six. I need both sides of the dash, over the glove box door and over the gauges and speedometer.

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    edited April 2021
    Allan you may want to redo your title to list what you are looking for.  It comes up only as Allan May.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Always better to work the subject of your question into the title, it attracts more people.

Meanwhile: there is someone who is actually making replacement glass panels, because the glass keeps breaking if you slam the glove box door.  I don't have his name but someone will jump in here with the information.
  • You could try John Wolf, he restores gauges.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    You can get it all here:

Look at this on eBay

1947 47 HUDSON DASH, GLOVE BOX GAUGE PANEL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265089652401

• 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    MUST BE GOLD FILLED 100.00 AT BEST.
  • 40indianssgmailcom
    40indianssgmailcom Senior Contributor
    A lot of bits not there, but a beginning if you have nothing.   It all needs to be disassembled with new nickel plating on the trim surrounding the glass and the pot metal radio/speaker panel. Those pieces are about $300 to renickel.  Refinish the radio screen pieces then reassemble the three panels after painting the glove box door and the driver side.  It is an investment to make it nice
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I believe Bill Albright used to make these glass inserts (both the speedo, and the glove box panels); maybe his company, Vintage Coach, still handles them.
  • Thank you all, I'm new to this site. I will make sure to use a proper title.