Need photo of Clifford 4bbl intake

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
edited April 2021 in HUDSON
I am still working on designing a new Hudson 2 x 2 intake.  Clifford (Larry) has abandoned the project so I am pretty much on my own for this.  Can someone that has a Clifford 4bbl intake take photos so I can see where and how the hot water plenum is designed into the manifold?  Posting here would be fine.

Thanks

Comments

• I just emailed you two photos. I don't know if they will be of help or not, but they are the only ones on my phone. My engine is back in my car, so i don't know if I can get one of the under side. I'll check when I get home tonight. I emailed to the address in your profile.

Dany
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    I also sent photos to your Email. Photos from the top! VicTor
  • Clifford 4 barrel
  • 50C8DAN
    29 is there a water inlet and outlet to this manifold?
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Here is the outlets in/out on my Clifford 4 BBL. Looks like some corrosion on the inlet! 

• No water inlet or outlet on my manifold. Maybe it’s an early one or later one?
  • 50C8DAN
    Looks like Clifford made some changes along the way in adding the water heating to the manifold.  The current Clifford websites note the water heating improvement.
  • The photos from 29 are an early Clifford manifold that used a plate below the carb with water routed through it. The one on Victor's car is the new unit.