17 Hudson Super Six water pump.

Looking for a water pump for my 17 Hudson Super Six. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks, 
Gene Birdsall

Comments

• Courtesy Man
    Courtesy Man Expert Adviser
    Gene you may want to give us a little more info - do you have the old one for a possible rebuild ? And was the same water pump used for other years ? Gert 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Gene, have you tried phoning Dave Kostansek or Carl Weber?  Both of them have an incredible knowledge about those early Hudsons, even if they don't happen to have the actual part for sale.  
  • paulrhd29nz
    paulrhd29nz Member
    edited March 2021
    we’re they still using the Aluminum pump in 17 “
  • hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    Gene you may want to give us a little more info - do you have the old one for a possible rebuild ? And was the same water pump used for other years ? Gert 
    The early super six 16-17-18-19 have the same water pump with a gear. Around 22 they went to a timing chain. 
  • hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    Jon B said:
    Gene, have you tried phoning Dave Kostansek or Carl Weber?  Both of them have an incredible knowledge about those early Hudsons, even if they don't happen to have the actual part for sale.  
    Thanks Jon, I'll give them a try.
  • The water pump for 1916-1917 are different then the later ones. !st The housing & impeller are aluminum. 2nd thay bolt to the base from inside the timing case.The later ones up to 22 are bronze housing and aluminum impeller, & bolts from the pump side. the pumps from 22-29 are yet again different With bronze impeller and eccentric for the timing chain. Also the shafts are different and the input half of the castings have different versions. 
  • Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser
    Egge Machine rebuilt the one I have in my 10.  They replaced the shaft and reworked in impeller.

Jay