'51 Pacemaker FS in Philadelphia

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
I got a call yesterday from an old-time HETer in Philadelphia.  He does not have a computer or digital photos.  He has a '51 Pacemaker, green & beige, 3spd no OD.  Original paint, garage stored, but has some scratches and dings. The Interior was redone a number of years ago.  He says it overheats now when he drives it, but it does start and goes.  He starts it up every few months.  He is asking $7K but that is negotiable,  He said that he would like it to find a home with someone wanting to get started in Hudsons.  Drop me a PM if you are interested.  

Comments

• jjnan58yahoocom
    jjnan58yahoocom Expert Adviser
    what body style is FS?
  • FS means "for sale"
  • 50C8DAN
    I forgot to add that he has a load of parts.  Sorry not sure all what he has but he wanted me to let anyone know he will sell with or without the car.
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    2 door or 4 door?  Any idea the engine, 232, 262?
  • 50C8DAN
    232 4dr
  • 50C8DAN
    Also, 74K original miles
  • 50C8DAN
    I am working on getting photos!  Will post when I get them.
  • 50C8DAN
    Here are some photos from John's Daughter.  Hope this helps.  Looks pretty nice with a couple of boo boos but nothing major.  
  • 50C8DAN
    BTW he has a '49 232 that would fit this car and a bunch of parts in the trunk plus other Hudson parts available.
  • 50C8DAN
    I am bumping this back up.   I think this would be a great Hudson for anyone, especially a newbie.  There are plenty of spare parts and the owner has a spare engine available.  So hopefully someone will jump on this one.
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    Dan, I think you may mean a '49 262. No 232's were made until 1950.
  • 50C8DAN
    Lance, you are right.  The owner probably did not realize that.   If someone from a distance is seriously interested in the car I would be willing to go and check it out for them.
  • Solid looking car and a great deal here for someone.
  • 50C8DAN
    This car was purchased last Sunday and we have a new Hudson owner that hopefully will join HET!  They made a great deal and the car will be gone over by another Hudson owner who owns a garage in Chester County PA.  The now-former owner has a bunch of parts he is digging out and would like to sell.  I will see if I can get some photos or more info.
  • bvk
    bvk Member
    Good evening I’m the new owner of this car, I have just joined HET as of this evening I’m probably one of the younger members being that I’m 20, however, I really enjoy the car so far I drove if for about 50 minutes from philly to Unionville. Lou is my friend who told me about the car and is a fellow HET member. 
  • bvk said:
    Good evening I’m the new owner of this car, I have just joined HET as of this evening I’m probably one of the younger members being that I’m 20, however, I really enjoy the car so far I drove if for about 50 minutes from philly to Unionville. Lou is my friend who told me about the car and is a fellow HET member. 
    Nice to see a young person interested in these cars. Congratulations on your Hudson buy looks like you got a solid car there, enjoy it!
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome on board, bvk, and congrats on your purchase.  You're very lucky to have Lou M. to work on your car!  If you hang around the garage long enough, you will see many cool cars and people, such as Mr. DuPont and the '18 Cadillac he's owned since 1939!