passenger side rocker panel

I need to locate a passenger side rocker panel for my 48 coupe. I've been told that any coupe rocker panel will work. Apparently, i need to locate one. This is how badly mine is damaged, including the front is completely rolled inside

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    I am not an expert at body work, but I have seen rocker panels that are much worse than yours repaired.  The cost to straighten that panel may be too much? But I would ask around in your community to determine if there is a shop that can repair it.  Recently I posted pictures about a new panel guy who is repairing rusted rocker panels and he is making new parts to do that task. So, I am thinking there are others who can do the same?   
  • In Casper, there is not those kind of body men. They only bondo to hide the problem. The front of my rocker panel is rolled backwards by 2inches
  • How do I contact this fella

• lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    There's a lot of guys in the rust belt states that would pay good money for that rocker.
    I'm no body man and I've fixed worse then that. You need to find the right guy.
    There are long and short wheel base rockers. You can use any from 48-53 of the right length , but you you may have to change the way the mouldings attach.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Here you go...

Beautiful Iron - is a metal shaping shop located in Saratoga County New York. Owner, Ian Stewart has the skill and tools to manufacture unique and unobtainable automotive sheet metal pieces. Fabrication of repair panels for automotive use is a specialty.  Ian can be reached via telephone 518-526-1766 email, 123Beautifulironfab@outlook.com 

drop the 123 on the email... Good Luck 
  • With the exception of this piece and the rear corner pieces of damage, my car has no rust anywhere. A lot of sand all over the body from years of Wyoming sand blasting, yes. Cancer no
  • Glowplug, As always thank you for your input and help in finding good people to work with

• ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    I think passenger side is more difficult to find. I have a bunch of the drivers side rockers.
  • Tell me more about your car. It looks grear
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    It is a 52 Hollywood work in progress. It got stalled after I painted it and got the chrome back on. Interior is done but still sitting in my den. engine also rebuilt but sitting on a stand.......so close but so far away. LOL.
  • I finally got mine dismantled. When I have it done, it will be a cloned 50 Hornet with a 7X engine