1938 country club

2manyprojects
2manyprojects Expert Adviser
looking for pics of how to install the factory radio. i am missing some type of bracket that attaches to the cowl that holds the base bottom edge of the radio. the radio box has a large threaded bolt on either side with large wing nuts that must tighten to a bracket. need location and view if the bracket, maybe 37 or 39 the same . thank you

Comments

• Here are pictures from Mechanical Procedure Manual.
    It shows two different radios for '38&'39
    Hope this helps  
    Ivan L.

• 2manyprojects
    thank you so much is this out of a 1938 manual ? is there another pic showing a bracket the the radio box attaches to and the location on the cowl ?
  • 2manyprojects
    you sent me page 47 whats on page 48 ? thanks
  • Page 48 -51(last page)just shows Alignments and ,I-F&R-F adjustments.
    On figures 2241& 2244 it shows item "A' on both sides of the radio, threaded studs with wing nuts. 
    These mount onto a wide "U" style bracket mounted on the firewall.
    Sorry I do not have a photo of the bracket , but you should be able to make one up.
    Hope this helps.
    Ivan L.  
  • 2manyprojects
    thank you very much for your time. do you own a 1938 ?
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    My 38 Has the large radio would you like me to send a photo.
  • I have a 1939 92 series Brougham Convert 

Ivan L.

• 2manyprojects
    yes need a picture of the bracket that attaches to the inner cowl. thank you
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser

• Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    Hi there.  Seems to be a very simple bracket that bolts through the firewall with three bolts. See picture.  The bracket is of substantial thickness and strength and as you can see it is bent down on about a 45 degree angle with a slot cut out to take the bolt  either side of the radio.  Wing nuts are fitted to these bolts.  It would appear that the same bracket fits both radios I have taken a picture of both models of the radios which are spares for my cars I hope that helps.  Regards from the colony of NewZealand
  • 2manyprojects
    thank you VERY MUCH i now have a clearer idea what i need. paul
  • 2manyprojects
    would you happen to have any extra 1938 fender light parts for sale or know anyone who might? does your 38 have a side mount i need picture of the upper part of it. i have the bracket that mounts to the frame and has a metal tube that has threads inside the top section but what attaches to what i have i have no idea. i also have the correct side mount tire cover and metal band but need the chrome band that attaches to the ring. thanks
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    My car has twin side mounts I don't have any of the parts that you require in fact I have very few spares for this car at all quite a rare car here.  I will do my best to take the pics you require I am busy for the next couple of days but will post as soon as I get time
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    I do have some side mount parts for a 36 Hudson maybe they are the same but very heavy and I would say the cost of shipping would give you a heart attack.  I priced shipping for a bumperette and radiator cap for a 30 Hudson 8 today and that was very expensive but I am happy to have a look if you want.  So what side are you after right or left facing forward and if you say drivers side remember that is the right hand side of the car in NewZealand
  • 2manyprojects
    facing forward the right side thank you very much.  let me know if the 36 look the same. great looking car. mine is the same color.
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    Attached is a picture of the left side facing forward to give you an idea the car is parked up against a wall so will need to move the car to take a photo of right side. Also attached are photos of the parts I have for a 36 Hudson 8 twin side mount set up as well as one odd one. The rusty brackets are what attaches to the chassis to take all the weight.  These parts are very heavy and I would probably have to build a wooden box to have them shipped as opposed to posting and the cost of shipping would not be cheap Suggest you have a look at a parts manual to see if the numbers match.  I am sure someone in the club could help.These are all definitely off 36 Hudson 8 and took me about a day to rescue them.  Not sure about the clamp second from the right.
  • Rocket
    Rocket Senior Contributor
    Trevor Y I sent you a pm
  • 2manyprojects
    the picture of the left side upper section painted black is what i need for the right side. are the green looking pieces in the center both 1936 parts? how much are the green looking pieces if they are 1936? thank you very much
  • 2manyprojects
    does the black upper section just hold the tire and rim by lugs nuts thru the rim or does this mount swing in and out?
  • 2manyprojects
    Trevor J you can send me a private message if you wish. thanks for your efforts
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    It would appear that there are two types of wheel brackets one has a cut out the other two are solid.  Maybe the lighter one is for a Terraplane.  I would be reluctant to break up a set given they are  hard to get . I would sell the odd one .  I will have another look in the next couple of days to see if I have any more.  When I get time I will take the wheel mounted in my fender out and get a decent picture for you.  Regards
    Trevor
  • 2manyprojects
    which one is the odd one. thank you for doing all this to help me. paul
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    Give me a day or so and I will pull the covers off mine and take some decent photos.
    Trevor
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    I Have attached a series of photos of the left side mount  on my 38 Hudson facing forward.  The odd mount I have appears to be for the Right side facing forward (your passenger side).  It appears to be different to my 38 in that it has a completely different mounting position but I guess it could be adapted.  I realize you only want the wheel mount  and given that my piece is quite rusty it will take some time and probably some heat to separate from the other part but I am sure it is doable.  Bear in mind shipping is very costly at the moment. Today I sent a bumper overider and a radiator cap to the USA  and it cost $78.31 this part is heavier so you need to really want it. Hope that helps let me know.
  • 2manyprojects
    is the tire 16 inch or 15 inch? thanks for the info its a great help. paul
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    none of my cars are on 15 inch tyres they are all 16
  • 2manyprojects
    thank you so much for the pictures they will really help. i am going to pass on the 1936 piece in the last photo its a lot different than a 1938. hudson people are the best!
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    no problem