39 Hudson 92

tomrue
tomrue Member
edited September 2020 in Parts & Pieces
Still looking for side grills and rear license plate holder... Anybody laser cutting them yet...thanks Tom

Comments

• Thought I bought 2 of'em out of California but he got the money and I got the ole shaft 
  • Sorry, forgot to put in 1939 Hudson model 92...
  • tomrue
    tomrue Member
    edited September 2020
    There was a gentlemen in Michigan who's neighbor had a model 92. he wasn't sure what he was going to do with it.  I can't find that gentlemen's name or the neighbors name.  any help?
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Please don't think people are ignoring you.  Those side grilles have been impossible to find for years!  I'm kind of surprised that someone hasn't found a way to cast or 3D print them.  As to the rear license plate holder, you might want to mention the body style.  Sometimes the coupe and sedan versions are different, owing to the angle of the trunks.  If you happen to know anyone with a bracket, it might help to photograph theirs and then include the photo in your Forum message.  That's because a lot of people accumulate lots of Hudson parts over the years, but don't necessarily know which Hudsons they fit.  Another helpful way to find parts is to send out a mass e-mailing to Hudson vendors who advertise in the WTN.  Again: include a photo of the bracket so the vendors will know exactly what it looks like.
  • Jon B is correct, the side grills are basically unobtanium. I did check for one of the guys who has a '39 about the possibility of making them using 3DCAD. The estimate was $1500.00 to create the CAD file and $1500.00 apiece to print them. So, if you are ready to invest $4500.00 we can get you started on the process.
  • hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    Jon B is correct, the side grills are basically unobtanium. I did check for one of the guys who has a '39 about the possibility of making them using 3DCAD. The estimate was $1500.00 to create the CAD file and $1500.00 apiece to print them. So, if you are ready to invest $4500.00 we can get you started on the process.
     Mike is correct, I checked on 3D printing using the ones on my model 92 for a copy and it was around 5,000 to get started. Not enough people needing them to break even, so I dropped the project. 
  • I have side grills in perfect condition that I took to a sand caster that has done intricate  parts for me over the years. I asked him if he could duplicate these in bronze or aluminum?
    His answer was. I'm not a F------ Magician!
    Ivan L.  
  • Type your I will settle for plastic ones, I can spray them with Chrome paint comment

• The guy in Deerfield Michigan's name is Jan Kashur.  Real gentleman.  Sent me some club brochures, one called 'The Dover'.  He said his neighbor across the street may part out his 'model 92'  I don't know how to contact him. 
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    I think I may have a broken one but I think all the parts are there I could have a look if someone is interested
  • I am interested,  do you know which side it is?
  • jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    Jan K's info is in the club roster I believe. I spoke with him a while back also, great guy!
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    Hi there.
    As you can see all the parts are there and of course die cast can be repaired that's why I saved it for the last 35 years.  Please not I live in NewZealand so for some freight may be an issue
  • I thought my dream had come true...a grill for my '39 model 92.  Waaaaa, you have the same side I have, drivers side.  I appreciate your help but Waaaaa,   maybe someone has two broken passenger sides I could make one out of.  Thank You and may God bless New Zealand.
  • I don't have Jan K's info. Could someone ask him to re-contact me ...tks
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    No Worries.
    Perhaps someone else may need the parts.  Thanks for your thoughts
  • I know this post is old but contact Paul Vorbach at 724 266-7925. He is with HV3DWorks and he reproduces them. I gave him my 1939 model 92 grills to replicate. His website is www.hv3dworks.com.

• YES, he made them for me, and they look great! Give him a call.