Walt Mordenti is now 100!

2»

Comments

• Several years ago Walt provided me with parts and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, the tips and pointers to properly rebuild the carburetor for my 36T.  Note that the carb had many issues after having been previously 'professionally' rebuilt.  In the end, I became the 'pro' ...but not without Walt's critical guidance.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Congraduations Walt on 100 great years. We met several times and I have had the honor of receiving advice and parts from you for many of the cars that I have built.  It is a true honor to call you My Friend.  Best wishes from another Air Force serviceman...
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Walt at the 2009 National
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    The cup is cool
  • Ever thought of one of those printed on glass wall pictures by Fracture? Those are pretty cool and really not all that expensive for smaller sizes.
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    love the cup
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    Walt has helped so many people. Very good you are doing this
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Thanks for doing this
  • ivanz62
    ivanz62 Expert Adviser
    Hope you are seeing these post Walt. I remember when I bought my first Hudsobn in 1994 and you had recently moved to  San Francisco where I also lived.  You and Joyce were the first Hudson Club members I met.  Your help building my Doc Hudson racer kept me out of a lot of trouble.  I was lucky to have Smokey Yuinick helping from Daytona Beach, but you were here to be there in person to answer many. many questions and keep me on track and not in the wall!  

Stay Healthy,
    Ivan

• dholck
    dholck Expert Adviser
    Walt Mordenti's daughter sent this picture of him enjoying his cup that he received from HET membership.  On the phone she said he got a big kick out of it.  He also got a 34 Terraplane coupe mask and blanket, and 2 pillows are coming; one with the same picture as the cup, and one with his 53 parked by a gazebo.
    I gave her the "openforum.hetclub.org" address.  She's had trouble getting on and has not been seeing the postings about Walt.  Walt knows as of today that the items are from HET membership to show their high esteem for Walt and his long years of support to the HET community.

• ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Way to go. I am sure it made his day. Thanks
  • schillaz
    schillaz Expert Adviser
    Awesome, I bet he really enjoyed it.  Great work!
  • I’m sure Walt appreciates the recognition.  I was always amazed that he accepted west coast phone calls til 10pm.  His advice always gave encouragement and maybe a new thing to try.
  • dholck
    dholck Expert Adviser
    Walt Mordenti pictures.  My last 2 postings had photos, but photos went missing.  Here they are again.
    Walt with the HET Club gift pillows;

And:  "Walt enjoys reading all the letters and email from HET aficionados...keep ‘em coming...  - Joyce"

• Walt, A few years back you helped "fine tune" a Twin H set up on a 53' Hornet which I had driven a couple of hundred miles to an annual CA Hudson Club meet in San Luis Obisbo. I never got around to thanking you for the much improved and thoroughly enjoyable drive home! Man what a difference you made---Thank you Sir!
  • dholck
    dholck Expert Adviser
    More pictures of Walt enjoying communications and things from HET Club members, courtesy of his daughter Joyce.

• 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    Priceless.  
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    July 26 is the Big Day, (I think!)
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited July 2021

JULY 26 -- THE BIG DAY!

Above, from left: Walt’s daughter Joyce, son-in-law Jim, Walt, and grandchildren Devin and Angie.

All photos courtesy of Joyce Mordenti.
  • Val
    Val Member
    Happy Birthday Walt!!!
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    A true milepost in life and many more, Walt!
  • Hans
    Hans Senior Contributor
    Happy Birthday !!

Thank you for so much !!!!
  • LanceB
    LanceB Senior Contributor
    Happy Birthday Walt!
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    edited July 2021
    Happy Birthday Walt on your Milestone Birthday and may God Bless you!
  • Nevada Hudson
    Nevada Hudson Senior Contributor
    Happy Birthday, Walt, and thank you for your service in WW2!
  • snowshoe90aolcom
    snowshoe90aolcom Expert Adviser
    Incredible Hudson legacy, the kind of story that movies are made of. Happy Birthday Walt.