Waterfall grille

Rocket
Rocket Senior Contributor
Could someone please tell me what year did the Terraplane have the watterfall grille a friend of mine told me it was 1937 I thought it was 1936 Thanks.

Comments

• Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    It's '36.
  • Rocket
    Rocket Senior Contributor
    Thank you Park also did they even have a waterfall grille  on  1937 Terraplanes.
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Yes, the '37s have a waterfall, but flanked by louvers instead of the '36 "porous" panels.
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    The only grille that maybe could compare to Terraplane's Art Deco waterfall grille is the Chrysler Airflow... Just my opinion..
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    Late 1930s Triumph Dolomite waterfall grille.

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    edited January 2021
    That Triumph probably has the real Nice's Waterfall Grille ....
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor

• BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    And that is what we hope to keep from happening to our beautiful waterfall grills!
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Yes you are so correct!  But I am building a '32 Ford Roadster (Fiberglass) with a '37 Terraplane Waterfall grill, Chevy engine, Trans and rear end. I would like to put a Hudson engine in the roadster, just don't have the money for a Hudson engine. The cost to build my 308 engine that I have in the '42 coupe was way more than I told my wife. 
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Hahaha, aren’t all things way more than we tell our wives!!! 

Please share photos of your build, I’d love to see how it’s coming together.  Plus I love the idea of a 308 Hudson in a 32 Ford, very cool!
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    As the T-shirt says " When I die, I hope my wife doesn't sell my car & parts for what I told her I paid for them"  LOL