Multicarb adapter plate for H6 engines

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
I am not seeing much interest in a new cast aluminum intake design, so I thought I would float an alternate idea.  There is some interest in the Vintage Speed 3 x 2 adapter, that in my opinion is not at all optimized for inline engine use.  So here is an adapter that can be used with any Twin H manifold.  It would be relatively simple to make from 6061 extruded bar stock. It would be two parts, the bottom plenum section that would bolt to the 1bbl locations on the cast iron manifold and a top plate that you can design to have whatever carb arrangement you want, 2 x 2, 2 x 1, 3 x 2, 4 x 2, even dual quads (although would be a bit much).  This probably would fit under a stepdown hood as well.  You could even open up the 1bbl locations for more flow.  I know the artwork is not great, but I think you can get the idea.

Comments

• I'm looking at the 2x2 Vintage Speed adapter to go on my h6, with a Clifford intake with maybe Weber carbs or maybe rodchester carbs. It looks to remain low enough to work for my likes.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Let us know how it works.  I am going to work on making the adapter I have drawn and see how it works.