Replace bulb fender lamp Hudson eight 1934???

2»

Comments

• For the backlight. The wiring is attached with small original fasteners along the chassis
  • Rocket
    Rocket Senior Contributor
    Jack356 I am sorry I was talking about your front small fender light that you just replaced the bulb in I am adding these lights to my car and I wanted to know how the wire attached to the bottom of the fender and were it went into the engine bay.
  • The wire passes over the wing support. Return with the headlight cables into the engine bay through the same hole
  • Tapez votre commentaire
  • Rocket
    Thank you so much for the picture Tom.
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    I wonder why Jacky's 1934 car hasn't got telescopic shock absorbers ?
     I thought they were standard on all Hudsons and Terraplanes from 1934 onwards.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    You can see the mounting stud for the original telescopic one.  Obviously replaced at some stage.   A retrograde step. 
  • Geoff said:
    You can see the mounting stud for the original telescopic one.  Obviously replaced at some stage.   A retrograde step. 
    No, the car is totally original. It has the same damper behind. It has only 52000KM origin
  • original

• Original  factory in Belgium.Anvers 

• SEKURIT JEMEPPES SUR SAMBRE  MADE IN BELGIUM

• Cleaning

Belgium

• Rocket
    I love the look of your car keep the pictures comming you truly have been a great help to me thanks.
  • Rocket said:
    I love the look of your car keep the pictures comming you truly have been a great help to me thanks.
    Thank you
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser

I knew about Hudsons being assembled in Canada, Britain and Australia but I didn't know that Hudsons were assembled in Belgium - you learn something new every day !

The British built Hudsons had to use a fixed percentage of British made parts in them to avoid high import taxes - this was the law in the 1930s.

I wonder if Belgium had a similar law and that's the reason why "non-standard" Belgian lever arm shock absorbers were used instead of telescopics ?

• Similarly in Belgium.Anvers CAM car assembly centre
  • The C.A.M., a subsidiary of the importer Packard assembles Packard but also Hudson;
    t
  • Type your comment

• Type your comment
  • pub

• 1974  2019.More climbs on the road since at least 1954.FIRST OWNER :)
  • Bulb led