Availability of stepdown door screws

Hey all, 

Does anyone have a source of the screws for the door hinges?  8 per door.  I think they are the same as ones for Willys Trucks like these. 

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/door-hinge-screw-fits-46-64-truck-station-wagon

But anyone have a confirmed cheaper source?  Nearly $90 for screws just is a little much.  Thanks,

Ray

Comments

• 7XPacemaker
    7XPacemaker Senior Contributor
    edited January 2021
    I researched this years ago when I needed them for my sedan. The pitch of the head on the screw is odd, I can't remember what it is. I spent several hours and found a screw that is correct but Allan head. The company wouldn't sell a certain number. I had to buy a whole bag of them. I still have some left..
  • How many do you need Ray?
  • I was hoping to replace all 32 just for consistency sake.  Some originals got buggered coming out while 6 or so needed to be drilled out. 
  • OK well  I can do that. call me @704 792 911zero.
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    I went through the exercise of finding step-down door hinge screws a few years ago and they were surprisingly hard to find, I come across the left overs on my shelf every now and then. A countersunk socket head cap screw will suffice of course but will cost you points at Pebble Beach.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Seems I remember these are #12-28.   This size is seldom used anymore.  You could tap them out to 1/4-28 which is standard size easily.
  • Heinkel429, did you still want those screws or???