what is this 27 worth?

Comments

• motor feels stuck

• lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    Parts car-$500?
  • Hans
    Hans Senior Contributor
    with a title, and not too far from buyer.
  • What lostmind said. $500 dollar parts car. 
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    It worth what someone  is willing to pay for it
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    I restored much worse than this.   But it takes a bit of dedication.  It looks a reasonable proposition for preservation to me, rather than dismantle it. 
  • will play with
    motor this summer and try to free it up
  • Pull the spark plugs and put the mystery oil in now and let it soak until summer.
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    Transmission fluid and Acetone works too their are other  fluids that work too
    I m sure they will chime in on what works for them
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    I soaked an engine with liquid wrench then made round steel plate 1/4” thick & dropped down each cylinder.  I’d hammer on them a little each day & within a few days she was freed up.  Then took scotch bright pad to get rust off cylinder walls.  
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    Gee that looks to be a solid car.Shame to pull to bits.  Just fix the roof get it running and make it safe then drive it like you stole it.  There is a real movement for cars to be kept in their original condition.  I have a friend with a 29 Nash that looks to be in a similar condition and we have done thousands of miles in it picture attached
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    Friend of a friends getting this old girl going!
    https://youtu.be/Nq-xd3pAkpk
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Original poster has found the answer to his question.  Discussion closed to further replies.