Late model splasher in an early model car

7XPacemaker
7XPacemaker Senior Contributor
Hudson put out a TSB talking about cutting out part of the firewall and installing a cover plate over the opening. I am hoping that someone has a plate or template that I can duplicate. I was told to reach out to Press Kale but have had no luck doing so. Can anyone help?

Comments

• BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    Yuk, yuk, yuk!
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I don't mean to be argumentative, but had you considered installing a somewhat-earlier splasher, with the distributor on the side?  I've forgotten which year Hudson shifted to the distributor on top (at the rear), I think it was in 1941.  If you bought a year-earlier model, it would have most of the attributes of the later engine, but you wouldn't have to cut a hole in the firewall.
  • 7XPacemaker
    7XPacemaker Senior Contributor
    edited January 2021
    You are not being argumentative at all- I am finding several low mileage or rebuilt later model engines and no earlier model engines. I really don’t want to drop a mint in rebuilding an early model engine when I can pick up a later model one at a fraction of the price. I believe 1939 was the last year of the side distributor.
  • Rocket
    Rocket Senior Contributor
    I have a friend who has that set up in his 36 Terraplane pickup truck I will call him and ask him to get a hold of you we were just talking about this last week and he told me that his was done so nicely that it looked like it came from the factory that way.