WDO to WGD CARBURETOR

Has anyone pulled off there WDO carb and adapted a WGD carb to the same intake manifold the WDO came off?  If so do you have pictures or a description of how you did it?

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    In a time and place far far away Kelly Hinegardner used Mopar 2BBL carbs on his 37 T sedan.   He was a machinist so I would speculate adapters were home brew?  
  • The Hudson models of WD0 and WGD carburetor fit the same intake manifold.  This is why a 1949 Super 6 (came with a WGD) like my friend had could run a WGD with no changes other than the carburetor.  Basically, both carburetors (for Hudson) have the same footprint and used same linkage.  Carter made these carburetors for other models, so you need to make sure it is a version intended for Hudsons.
  • *correction*

The Hudson models of WD0 and WGD carburetor fit the same intake manifold.  This is why a 1949 Super 6 (came with a WD0) like my friend had could run a WGD with no changes other than the carburetor.  Basically, both carburetors (for Hudson) have the same footprint and used same linkage.  Carter made these carburetors for other makes, so you need to make sure it is a version intended for Hudsons.
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    1937 to 1940 had a smaller footprint - base of carby & studs. I have 2 spare WDO carbies for 1948/49.   
    ozhudsonatgmail.com
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    My 37’s original intake & the 40-41 aluminum intake I’m currently using have the smaller intake bolt pattern. 

Barry, What bolt pattern size do the later WDO 48-49 have?  Same as the 37-40 or larger like the WGD carbs from say 49?  

I suppose I could try to find someone that could aluminum weld up the holes in my current intake then have them re-drilled.  Or is there a later 40’s intake that fits my 212 engine and has the larger pattern?