1939 Hudson model 92

Are the only 3 of these hudsons in existence I can't seem to locate any others anywhere !

Comments

• hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    I have a 92 convertible and I know of another one in Grand Rapids, Mi. 
    You don't see many 39's.
  • Ever seen any parts any where for 92' s
  • I have one and parts a there for them if you look but grill pieces are not existing
  • If you have one and you know of one other and I have one and I know of two others, then there's at least 5, lol.....
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    edited February 2018
    Tom,

If you are a member of the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club you can go to the home page ( hetclub.org ), click on the Member Button, it will then open up to Vehicle Registries.  You can then search for other 1939 owners.

John Forkner

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    edited February 2018

I saved a 92 from a hotrodder.  Sold it to a club member, with a 46 212 engine, since passed, and it was bought by another member in E.Greenbush, NY.  He drives it as a rat rod regularly. 

I bought a 97 from the late Art Carkner.  Wouldn't cast a good shadow.  So rusted I couldn't save any of the body.  In fact, trailering it home on I90 in Albany, NY one of the doors came off, and thoughtfully being held on by a rope, was flying over the passing lane.  I saved the 254 and am running it in my 47 pickup.  Tranny, rear end Electric Hand column, etc saved.  Sold the grills on ebay.  I understand some people are laser cutting new ones.

• Where did those model 92side grills go to?
    Tom
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    Definitely joint the National Hudson club, great people & it’s your best way to connect with others to find parts for your 92.  
  • Definitely join the National. Lots of great people and information available. 
    There are 16 members registered in the National under 92 series including 4 convertibles.
    I am working on a 92 series Brougham convert and have a 92 series 2dr sedan for parts.
    No I do not have any spare side grills.
    Ivan L.
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    I wrecked a very rusted 1939 four door here in South Australia. Grill went to Canada, badges to California, still have the fenders and a few misc items. I cant sell or swap anything here.
    ozhudson@gmail
  • Trunk license plate holder, has Hudson name on it ?
  • I have two 39 diecast center grills. One is excellent used, one is NOS, both have the very top fins broken. Photos are on my website. I either going to put them on eBay or take them to Hershey. I don’t want to ship them because they are heavy and fragile. Www.bellinghamautosales.com 
  • I have a good center grill, tks