1951 and 1952 hornet radiator differences

just wondering what the size, shape, inlet outlet differences might be?

i found a aluminum radiator stating it fits 52-54. the lower hose barb comes out of the rad and makes a 90 degree up.
and found another that states 48-53 with the hose barb that matches my 51. but its out of stock. 

if its only the hose difference but the physical size and shape of the rad is interchangeable i can change the barb to however
i want it.  i can even alter the mounts to match the car. but the core and tanks need to be the right size. 

if any 1 has both and could measure and eyeball them thank you

Comments

• There is no difference between the 51 and 52 Hudson radiator except for the configuration of the top water tank. 48-51 is the 'square top' while the 'round top ' tanks were used from 52-4. There IS a difference between the Pacemaker radiator and the Hornet/Commodore radiator. The Pacemaker radiator has a smaller cooling capacity than the Hornet/Commodore model. The reason is because of the smaller engine size. 
  • I have used mid 70's dodge truck radiators in stepdowns. They are a bolt in switch.
  • Check out Champion Radiator part #CC889. All aluminum, with trans cooler, $215.
  • lance, with the top tank being different, they will still swap between the 2 years ok?
    makes sense on the capacity. i dont know anything about a pacemaker model. 

54coupe, i will check into that model #.  the 52 radiator i found was $800. 
    i am sure its nice, but have used many champions in the past with good results. 

Thank you both!
  • saon, The web page shows all the dimensions. I will be using one of their radiators when I'm ready to buy.
  • saon said:
    lance, with the top tank being different, they will still swap between the 2 years ok?
    makes sense on the capacity. i dont know anything about a pacemaker model. 

54coupe, i will check into that model #.  the 52 radiator i found was $800. 
    i am sure its nice, but have used many champions in the past with good results. 

Thank you both!    Yep they will still swap. There was another slight difference in the 54 model. It had some bracketing that was different I believe but it was still the same radiator.   These days re coring is getting pretty expensive. A lot of guys use the Champion Dodge truck radiator when no Hudson radiator is around or if one  exceeds their budgets

• thanks, ordered a cc889-889fs12sp
    comes with a shroud and a pair of spal fans. 
    ill report back how they do once i get them and fit them in.