What year and model of Hudson had a heater that ran off the engine heat?

My 1923 Hudson sedan does not have a heater.  It does have a blanket holders on the back of the front seat.
My guess is the driver may get some heat off the firewall which is not too thick and has a few holes. I know the first
real heaters used the exhaust to try to heat the inside later they used the heated coolant from the radiator but when?
Robert

Comments

• First year hudson advertised heaters was 1936

• Thanks Ken. Do you know when they used any other type of heater before 1936?
    Robert
  • I would believe that they would install only a hudson heater however who knows what dealers and shop mechanics would do on the side back in the day for a quick buck

Here is the 1936 dealers release

• Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    VicTor Z said:
    I've got one exactly like this that I haven't fitted yet because the flap handles are missing.
    Thanks to you posting this pic, I now know what type to look for !
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I think that the heater pictured above is from 1939 or 1940.  In my opinion, the price shown in the Craigslist ad is too much.  If someone is looking for this heater they should first contact the Hudson vendors who regularly advertise in the WTN.  I've seen a number of these at Hudson flea markets over the years and I may actually have one somewhere amongst my Hudson stash.
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    Jon B said:
    I think that the heater pictured above is from 1939 or 1940.  In my opinion, the price shown in the Craigslist ad is too much.  If someone is looking for this heater they should first contact the Hudson vendors who regularly advertise in the WTN.  I've seen a number of these at Hudson flea markets over the years and I may actually have one somewhere amongst my Hudson stash.
    Please let me know if you've got a wrecked one with those handles on, Jon.