How to Adjust Clutch Pedal

I have read the instructions in the manual to adjust the clutch pedal & unfortunately I am missing what I would assume are a rubber grommet that sits against the firewall where the clutch pedal goes through.  Am I correct?  What all am I missing?  Where can I get the parts needed?  Finally is there anything I could use in the mean time, suggestions?

Comments

• Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    The rubber disc-shaped pads go on the engine side of the firewall. Repros are readily available.
    Alternatively you can cut your own out of Sorbo-rubber.
    They're held in place by conical coil springs, wide end to the rubber and the narrow end resting on the lower pedal lever.
    The exact springs aren't easy to find but it looks like you've got at least one of them.
    A few discussion threads back, pedal play was covered - it should actually be about 3/4 inch.
  • About all the rubber does, is help keep engine heat out of the passenger compartment.
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    Without the rubber piece the spring cannot push back against the firewall, as one can see in the photo above, the spring falls into the cab.  So without some sort of rubber pad in place it cannot be Correctly determined if the spacing is being achieved as recommended in the Hudson Procedural Manual.  So I’d say it some more than block heat & air.
  • The Omix-Ada 16750.09 work well as draft pads for the brake and clutch.  https://www.amazon.com/Omix-Ada-16750-09-Brake-Pedal-Draft/dp/B000FQ7XNG

• Old Fogey UK
    The purpose of the rubber pads seems to be to cushion the lower pedal arms from hitting the firewall when the pedals are released. Without them, they make a loud clanging noise when they hit.
  • Old Fogey UK
    I'm on my second set of these pads.
    The top of the springs cut into the pads and eventually ruin them.
    The solution is to cut some fibreboard discs the same diameter as the pads and put them between the top of the springs and the pads.
    That way, only the board wears and is easy (and inexpensive) to replace.
     The ROC has the pads but they're not cheap, hence my homemade remedy on my second set.
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    cchancel’s recommendation on the kit available at Amazon looks pretty spot on!  
    Good Suggestions as well, Old Fogey!