Electric Hand Diaphragm @ Wildrick’s

BigSky
BigSky Senior Contributor
On to the next problem.... does anyone know which diaphragm that Wildrick’s sells is the one I need for my 1937 Hudson?  I assume I need two of the same size, or do I need a small & large instead?  Anyone know without me buying two of each before I tear it apart on my car?

Comments

• Give Doug a call he would  be able to tell you which one you need
  • BigSky
    That’s what I would have thought as well.  So a month ago when I called Wildrick’s, the parts guy Cole said he didn’t know and I couldn’t speak to Doug as he was busy.  
    Knowing how busy they are I asked Cole to ask Doug for me & let me know which I need to buy.  A week passed & never heard back so I called & was told by Cole that Doug didn’t know either.  Kinda found that hard to believe, so I emailed Doug and unfortunately haven’t heard back.  I’m sure they’re just really busy....
  • 7XPacemaker
    7XPacemaker Senior Contributor
    I have given up trying to talk to Doug. I tried to reach him several times about buying a stack of NOS coupe rockers that I have but gave up after calling numerous times.
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    I have given up trying to talk to Doug. I tried to reach him several times about buying a stack of NOS coupe rockers that I have but gave up after calling numerous times.

HA!
  • Yeah Doug is very busy and working short handed. So talking with him can be difficult. Also I was told he was gonna take a much needed break this month. You want to try Jason or Val out at Albright's in California. If you need the number let me know
  • BigSky
    Val, if you don’t mind messaging me with their number, I’d really appreciate it.  I just looked through the latest WTN & didn’t see their ad.
  • Will do
  • 7XPacemaker

Ski4life65- not sure what "HA!" meant- if it seems a little hard to believe that I have a "stack" of coupe rockers- here ya go! There is one swb sedan rocker stuck in the mix..

• BigSky
    Holy Cow!  I can’t believe those haven’t flown out of your hands!
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    not a lot of short wheel base cars around thats why the excess. now if they were long wheel worth a lot more money.
  • 7XPacemaker
    edited September 2020
    They are ALL long wheelbase coupe rockers EXCEPT for one swb sedan. One thing that was taught to me was to use a fender skirt and extend the swb rocker panel.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    7X-

Since talking to you on the phone, I've been revisiting the forum.  Hadn't been on in a good while.  You should put my name on at least a set of these if possible.  Talk to you soon.  

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Sorry, Big Sky.  Looks like your thread got hi-jacked.  As far as your part goes, I checked with one of my sources and here is the info I got:

The electric hand for the '37 is not the same as the Drivemaster.  The diaphragms you have pictured are for Post-War Trannys and have nothing to do with the Electric Hand Unit.  But then again, I know very little about Pre-Stepdown Hudsons, currently.  Would like to remedy that.  
  • BigSky
    No problem! 
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser

Ski4life65- not sure what "HA!" meant- if it seems a little hard to believe that I have a "stack" of coupe rockers- here ya go! There is one swb sedan rocker stuck in the mix..

Wow! I really thought you were joking. I am in awe! That is like a stack of cash sitting there.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.