WISH TO PURCHASE 46-47 COMMODORE EIGHT CLUB COUPE

I am looking for a 46 or 47 Commodore Coupe. It can be a project car or unfinished restoration. Preferred in driving condition. I don't care if it has the original drive train or not. I live in Las Vegas, will pay for shipping.
Mike S. Call or text 702-521-5183.

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    You might check the H.A.M.B., Hemmings Motor News, your nearby Craigslist, the "Vehicles" section of this forum, and the Hudson Facebook page.  If you're really into Hudsons, and are not yet a member, you might consider joining the H-E-T Club.  The cars are out there...you just need to find them!
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    Put a wanted ad on the AACA forum. Someone will find one for you.
  • I appreciate the advise. I'm not familiar with that publication. I will check it out. 
    Thanks very much. 
  • Jon B said:
    You might check the H.A.M.B., Hemmings Motor News, your nearby Craigslist, the "Vehicles" section of this forum, and the Hudson Facebook page.  If you're really into Hudsons, and are not yet a member, you might consider joining the H-E-T Club.  The cars are out there...you just need to find them!
    Thanks for the advise. I will check them all. I have joined the H-E-T Club.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited September 2020
    The AACA "Cars for Sale" forum is at https://forums.aaca.org/forum/14-automobiles-and-parts-buysell/  
    The "Not Mine" cars-for-sale forum is at https://forums.aaca.org/forum/161-not-mine-automobiles-for-sale/  (These consist of ads for cars that AACA members have spotted in magazines, other internet forums, etc.)
    The AACA is a reputable, not-for-profit car club and you can register at their site at no cost, then you can post a notice in their "Automobiles Wanted" forum.
    Don't forget to check out Ebay.  And look through the past "Vehicles" postings in this sub-forum; sometimes cars which were listed months ago, are still for sale.
  • I purchased my first Hudson 47 Super Six.
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    I will delete this post next week.
  • I purchased my first Hudson 47 Super Six.
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    I will delete this post next week.
    Post photos of your new acquisition!
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Congratulations, Mike S -- I wish you many happy miles of Hudson driving!  By the way, the Club has chapters all over the country (membership is optional, now that you've joined the National club).  The Silver State Chapter serves all of Nevada. (There are also a couple of chapters in California that are adjacent to Nevada.)  It can be handy to know other local Hudson owners, such as when you need to find parts or technical information in a hurry.
  • I am a big Hudson fan and currently have 4 cars ( 1 being a parts car and another being redone - 40 coupe).  I would like to sell my 1947 2 door Sedan and want it to go to someone else loving Hudson's and not someone wanting a street rod.  Don't mind engine, etc.. changes but hate changing the body style.  This car only has 37,000 miles and I am the second owner.  Have original engine ( running fingers up and down in cylinders do not feel  any not groves or ridges ) literally in baskets but appears to all be there for the rebuild including transmission.  I have owned the car for several years always intending to redo it but time does not always allow us to do what we want to do.  It is in prime and the body has basically NO rest including floor pan.  Very solid car and window roll up and down easily including the rear ones.  Very " slight " damage to left front fender. Glass is excellent.  Interior is all there and all structurally solid.  Would need re done as well.  Basically this is a very solid undamaged car that would make a great original car project and hopefully this is the type person wanting it.  If interested lets talk I want a good home for it since I am not going to be able to refinish it.  Asking $ 4,500.00 can talk a bit to get it a good home..  This is a project car only because it needs to be redone and not that there is a lot of damage. Thanks  Ray