Heater core hoses??

Having a senior moment....which hose is supplying the water (inlet) and which is the outlet?
Thanks

Comments

• I try to always put the hot water in on the lowest port on the heater core,

The theory of that is to force the air up and out as the water circulates but I have hooked them up both ways and I’ve never noticed any difference in operation 

when I was in high school I worked at a garage and he  taught me that. and he said that it was less likely to  make noise from the water circulating when the car is started  
  • i am putting a non original engine in my stock ‘49, I need to tap into my lower radiator hose for one line and the head has a fitting for the other line. Which should I route to which pipe of the heater core?
    Thanks
  •  AirbrushGuy 
     I would try to hook the highest  port from the heater core to the lower radiator hose because the lower radiator hose draws water into the motor so it would create a suction on that side of the heater core and draw the hot water from the cylinder head 
  • interesting, I was thinking the opposite, thinking more about flow than temperature and thinking the “inlet” would have to get the flow from the bottom radiator hose.
    Good thought!
  • The flow path of the water in your situation would be , hot water out the top of the engine to the bottom of the heater core, out of the top of the heater core ,and then to the bottom radiator hose where it is drawn back into the water pump 
  • Do I have it figured out yet?

• Here is a screenshot from last time you asked this question 

it seems to explain it fairly well 
    hope this helps you out