"Standard and Approved Hudson Dealer Signs" catalog

railknight
railknight Expert Adviser
Someone a while ago requested that I upload to the internet my copy of the 1954 "Standard and Approved Hudson Dealer Signs" catalog.  Well, here it is for that individual and everybody else.  Hope this works out as it involves 12 images (which I reduced down) from the catalog and I've never attempted something of this scale on this forum.  

Comments

• That is so cool, Rail. Thank you for loading that. Wish these were replicated at a reasonable price. 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited September 2020
    Thanks for publishing this, Railknight!  Up to now I had no idea what the (painted, non-porcelain) signs were called, which were posted along roadsides leading to the town where a dealer was located.  Now I know: "Highway signs"!  I liberated one of these from a field near Rushville, Indiana back in 1966 or 67 (long before I was a Hudson enthusiast) and have carried it with me for over 50 years.  Less desirable than a real porcelain one, I know, but I have never seen another "in the flesh" or in print -- 'til now!

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Any chance we could have a complete scan and I'll load it into the club library and Facebook page?

If not then I should be able to combine these
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Wow! I thought I had every sign that was available, but I seem to be missing a couple. I have never seen one of the used car signs before. pretty cool
  • I don't think I've encountered the plastic signs before. Has anyone seen those? Did they hold up at all?
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    Paul, I would have preferred to scan my 1954 Hudson dealer sign catalog for uploading here.  It would have been a lot easier to do it that way.  The problem is that I will damage the spine of this 24 page booklet due to having to flatten down each page with each scan. 

You can see that I simply took photos of the sign catalog on the carpeting inside my home.  This was a point down and shoot project that came out just OK.   Perhaps I could set up a tripod for the camera, a stand of some sort to hold the catalog and use better lighting to obtain single page photos that should be a bit brighter, definitely clearer and 100% complete.   This might be a good compromise between scanning and just taking photos on the floor.   

Dan