1937 Terraplane fender badges WANTED

Hi, I'm new to the HET. I am looking for the badges that attach low on the front of the 1937 Terraplane on the front of the  fenders.

Comments

• dholck
    dholck Expert Adviser
    So, like this?

This is supposedly the same size, but for trunk lid. 

I have no idea where you would find them, but don't forget to go to hot rod forums where they discard this kind of stuff sometimes when rodding.  You can also try a free wanted ad in the White Triangle News - not everybody messes with computers.
    I personally have had no luck on this forum finding 1934 stuff at all, so 30's parts are few and far between and more likely on Ebay than here.  Good luck.
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    badges posted do not look correct. only 37 terraplane part i have is a headlight base. for sale if needed.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome on board, Grateful!

The ones for the front fender are similar to the "Terraplane Hudson" one illustrated above, except that the ornament is curved to match the curvature of the fender, and the oval has no "Terraplane Hudson" in it.  Just red coloration.  These belong on the model 72, the "Super Terraplane".  The model 71 would have no fender ornaments.

The one illustrated above is not curved, and is used on the trunk as well as the optional fender skirts.

Below is an illustration of the fender ornaments.  If you blow it up, you will see that there is no writing within the ovals. 

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    There is a guy in NC (Joe Gleydura) that makes '37 Skirts and would like to make Repop's Fender Emblems too if he could find one for a pattern.
  • Pretty sure I have one.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Some Club member made cast reproductions of them in the past.  Possibly K-Gap.  I wonder what became of the molds?
  • dholck
    dholck Expert Adviser
    So, our man, first and foremost, would need to know if he has a model 71 or 72, but is bound to be confused by all the 1937 Terraplane images on the internet that say they are model 71 and have fender badges (maybe model 71 deluxe?).  There are no real good fender emblem closeup images, though.
    Images above are from americanautoemblems.com. I don't know anything about them beyond that.  They were not all that confident about the fender emblem. saying; "This may be a Hudson Series 72 Super Terraplane front fender emblem (1937)."  I don't think you can tell about curvature from those pictures.  Not to be contrary; but an oval with nothing in it kind of, sort of, seems like it doesn't make sense and, from what I am able to see in that image, I would not bet any money that it does not say "Terraplane Hudson" in there. 
    Yes, it looks like it is supposed to be red in the oval (this one says it is from a pickup).

Anybody ever notice how many of these postings go up and we never hear from the original poster again?  I DON"T CARE - I, as an expert blowhard, had my fun kicking it around with you guys anyway!
  • I believe that the VIN # is 728013 which leads me to believe that the Terraplane is a model 72. The car is very complete and except for the interior is in excellent restored condition but has not been started in 17 years. These fender badges seem to be the only missing exterior pieces. Interior needs All cloth pieces including the headliner.
    Thank you all for making me feel welcome and for the information that you have provided.
  • dholck
    dholck Expert Adviser
    edited August 2020
    Sure!  And thank you for not noting that we really didn't solve your problem.  Where to get the 30s parts is always the problem - ads in WTN and from hotrodders, mostly.  An, on occasion, somebody who will gear up to make reproductions.  I think at least you got a good picture of what you are looking for.  Good luck.
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    As regards 1930s body and interior small stuff, you have to be creative - especially here in the UK.
    In the absence of anything else, I had to use repro 1935 Austin 10 interior door pulls as hood handles on my car.
    Actually, they're pretty similar to the originals but are chrome on brass and therefore nicer quality than the pressed tin originals.
    Citroen Traction Avant interior handle escutcheons (easily available as stainless steel reproductions) are identical to at least 34 and 35 Hudson and Terraplane ones.
    My trunk seal rubber is Mini door seal.
    The possibilities are endless !  :)
  • i am looking for a 1937 terraplane bumper guard. Might you have an extra one?