46/7 Pickup bumper guard

Uncle Josh
Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
Anyone have a nice re-chrome or NOS bumper guard to match my other NOS?  Has the notch at the bottom for the cross piece at the bottom of the bumper.

Comments

• So it's a passenger car bumper... not a truck bumper?
  • 40indianssgmailcom
    40indianssgmailcom Senior Contributor
    Is there a difference as the pu was made from the front half of the four door sedan?
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    The truck had two towards the center with a bottom  bar going across the car was the same expect it had two smaller bumper ends  towards the end on the bumper but not on the ends
  • Uncle Josh

Ok, my bad.  I've given away my 46 parts car bumper but a quick check of Butler's book confirms that the cars had the same piece.  Thanks 

• allan
    allan Member
    The truck bumper was not the same as a car bumper although many people use them instead. The correct truck bumper was a thin bar much like the one used on the Hudson 112 models.
  • 48Sed
    48Sed Senior Contributor
    Is this stock?
  • Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    Yes,  The passenger car bumper was an option. Check Salesman's Price and Accessory Guide for 1946 or 1947.
  • 48Sed said:
    Is this stock?
    That is the factory truck bumper

• Those are factory mirrors too.
  • Uncle Josh, you didn’t say which one you need? Left or right guard?
  • Uncle Josh
    Ya got me Ed.  Been driving my 47 for a dozen years and hadn't realized they were different by 1/4 inch where they meet the bumper.  A quick measurement and fit and my NOS is a RH (large front guard)  so I need a left.  Looks like it might be a 208818 if I read my parts book correctly.  The NOS I have must be a 208819 but the box end is gone that probably had the PN on it.  The other end flap has a 129P on it but can't relate it to anything.  It's for the 46 PU I'm restoring.  A quick check of the 47 and they are both straight so they are correct.