1953 Hornet Coupe or Convertible Wanted

Eric
Eric Member
Hi All -- I'm a former long term Hudson enthusiast, but haven't owned one for about 20 years.  I'd like to buy a 53 Hornet coupe or convertible.  I prefer an original car with original paint, but I realize that most have been restored or at least repainted.  Prefer my location (Southern California), but can consider one anywhere.    
Thanks!  Eric

Comments

• Eric
    Eric Member
    I meant to add that I owned Hudsons -- all stepdowns -- from the late 70's when I was a student at the U of Wisconsin in Madison.  Jerry Craine and Jim Villemonte gave me a lot of help with my cars there.  My brother and I won the long distance prize when we drove his 54 Hornet from his place in California to Milwaukee for the national meet (and we hit a deer at night in Oregon on the way back, but were carrying a spare radiator and made it home!)
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited July 2020
    One good place to look is in the White Triangle News.  Are you still a member of the H-E-T Club? If not, you may want to re-join, just to get the magazine, if you think you really want to find your dream Hudson!

Also, don't forget to check the "classifieds" on the Open Forum.  https://openforum.hetclub.org/categories/vehicles-for-sale-or-wanted-
  • Eric
    Eric Member
    Good advice --- will do and thanks !
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    Good luck on your search.  There's currently a coupe for sale on another thread (still a put back together project) and there was a convertible for sale recently (same thing...restoration started, but not finished).  The convertible may have sold though?  Karla Steele, Falk's Hudson Lot - Nebraska.
    Jon's advice...the club magazine gives opportunity.  Here is certainly worth a shot, reach out to club chapters to potentially find something before it appears.   Facebook pages, etc.
    There's a 54 convertible currently on ebay.  23k opening bid and no reserve (it has been listed twice before with a reserve).  There's some other talk of this car in another thread here, I believe.  
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    there are 3 nice 49s for sale in the Hudson Mohawk chapter.  Red, Green and Black.  All have 308 Twin H and OD.  xxxcramerlp@roadrunner.com for details and contacts.
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Hello Eric, there is a '49 Hudson coupe and a '54 Hudson Brougham here in West Covina, So. Cal.  Please contact me for more info. thez@verizon.net