1937 Terraplane for sale.

Professional grade body off restoration. Ray Lund prepped Chevy 350 V8, Edelbrock 600 cfm AFB four barrel carb, Edelbrock Performer intake manifold. Steve Long radiator, Turbo 350 trans, 23 inch Locar shifter. Drum brakes, gas front shocks, rear air shocks .  Hudson 15 inch wheels, Remington wide whitewall tires. Fender mounted spare is 16 inch, with bias ply tire. 12V electrical system, GM single wire alternator, custom A/C system. PPG Indian Turquoise acrylic enamel. Interior and trunk finished in medium gray velour. Original 120 mph speedometer, four new original looking gauges. Hidden Audiovox stereo, Battery cut-off switch. $27k. Contact Larry Brownell, larry@k5mjd.us.

Comments

• 40indianssgmailcom
    40indianssgmailcom Senior Contributor
    Looks good and price seems fair.  Could not replicate for twice the price
  • Enough.  I know I am a voice crying in the wilderness, but where, exactly, is the “restoration”?

I appreciate all forms of automotive expression and am in awe of some of the work turned out by people much more highly skilled than me.  I can’t hardly take apart, clean, repair, repaint and put back together vehicles designed and engineered by people before CAD-CAM was available.  To modify something is beyond me.

That being said, call this a “resto-mod” or “street-rod” or whatever else you like, but don’t call it “restored”.  It is not

Usually I save posts like this for Friday afternoons about 45 minutes after happy hour starts, but the rant just kind of bubbled up.

Tom
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    Tomlewis said:
    Enough.  I know I am a voice crying in the wilderness, but where, exactly, is the “restoration”?

I appreciate all forms of automotive expression and am in awe of some of the work turned out by people much more highly skilled than me.  I can’t hardly take apart, clean, repair, repaint and put back together vehicles designed and engineered by people before CAD-CAM was available.  To modify something is beyond me.

That being said, call this a “resto-mod” or “street-rod” or whatever else you like, but don’t call it “restored”.  It is not

Usually I save posts like this for Friday afternoons about 45 minutes after happy hour starts, but the rant just kind of bubbled up.

Tom
    This sort of thing shows impressive ingenuity and skill but I think it's a shame when it's done to a rare old car or one in nice original condition - but this is just a personal opinion and not a criticism of anyone who likes modifying cars.
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    color combo popular 30-35 years ago.