Need help determining something

finnmalloy04
finnmalloy04 Member
edited July 2020 in Vehicles
Hi how y’all doing I’m Finn and I was exploring in the woods behind my house and found an old car frame. I look at the wheels and it said Essex motor company. I took off the wheel caps and have kept them. I’m now working on digging up the frame and I am trying to determine what it is. I know it’s an Essex frame I’m just wondering what model and year if any of you can help me out it would be appreciated! 

Comments

• Finn look on the right rear top of the frame above the rear spring mount for a serial #.
  • Thanks bro I’m pretty sure I found the serial # plate but I can’t make out the number 29sptphaeton said:
    Finn look on the right rear top of the frame above the rear spring mount for a serial #.

• Finn look on the right rear top of the frame above the rear spring mount for a serial #.
    You have any other ways of determining anything about it or if it’s even worth anything? 
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    It is definitely an Essex 6, but could be anything from 1924 to 1927, as it has no front wheel brakes. 
  • Yeah I noticed that it had what looked like some sort of drum brakes in the rear but not the front 
  • Geoff said:
    It is definitely an Essex 6, but could be anything from 1924 to 1927, as it has no front wheel brakes. 
    Do you know if people will buy a frame or grease caps? Or possibly even a rusty rotted international tailgate? 
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Not the sort of thing that would have a ready market, I would imagine!