Gas Tank Pickup Tube

BigSky
BigSky Senior Contributor
I don’t suppose there are any pickup tubes one can just buy for an old 37 Hudson gas tank?  

Comments

• 7XPacemaker
    7XPacemaker Senior Contributor
    I have one in my home made tank. I haven’t ordered my tbird gas tank yet. How soon do you need it?
  • BigSky
    Tbird tank for your Hudson?  How’s that gonna work out? 55-56 t bird?

what are you thinking in time line?  Soon is always better...   

Searching the internet I’m coming up with nothing even close.
  • I have one in my home made tank. I haven’t ordered my tbird gas tank yet. How soon do you need it?
    Before you but that t-bird tank, do a search on here for 36 Terraplane gas tank, authored by bent metal, and see what you are getting into. It is in the “how to” section, on the second page.
  • 54coupe said:
    I have one in my home made tank. I haven’t ordered my tbird gas tank yet. How soon do you need it?
    Before you but that t-bird tank, do a search on here for 36 Terraplane gas tank, authored by bent metal, and see what you are getting into. It is in the “how to” section, on the second page.
    Sorry. Page 3.
  • BigSky
    I went ahead and cleaned up the two pieces then soldered them back together, good as new.  Moving on to make gaskets...
  • Rocket
    Rocket Senior Contributor
    36 Terraplane gas tank done by bent metal was done for me I asked him to bolt it to the frame because I did not want it bolted to the body like Dave did to his 39 it was well worth it to me these t-birds tanks are great.
  • Rocket said:
    36 Terraplane gas tank done by bent metal was done for me I asked him to bolt it to the frame because I did not want it bolted to the body like Dave did to his 39 it was well worth it to me these t-birds tanks are great.
    The fabrication work involved in what he did (and all of his work) is meticulous, and second to none. I only suggested looking at that thread, so they would understand that it may not be a bolt in replacement. Please Correct me if I’m wrong.