1922 Super Six speedster (4-door) for sale

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
I spotted this over at the AACA's "for sale" forum. This one's fast, a real driver, and just out of a 50-year storage:

Here is a link to the ad: https://forums.aaca.org/topic/322455-1922-super-6-hudson-4-passenger-speedster/

Comments

• Linus
    Linus Member
    this car is still for sale. I have been watching since it came to market last February. I want it so badly but I think the general consensus is that its about 2xs over priced. Does anyone here have an opinion? I saw that a pretty nice ""restored" one sold through sothebys for 27k a few years ago. I think it would be worth more as it had a rebuilt engine and was proven. It was a 21 and had Westinghouse style shocks. 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I believe Dave Kostansek owned a Speedster of that vintage, and loved to drive it very fast!  (The only speed limitation was the bad brakes!)  He's gotten rid of a number of cars lately, possibly including this one, but he'd be a good person to talk to about what to look for when shopping for such a car.  He's in the Roster.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    100 m.p.h.!!!!!!!!    With those skinny tyres and two-wheel brakes!   Pressure oiling????  The mind boggles.
  • Linus
    Linus Member
    I am not a member of the club. Is the roster accessible to non members?
  • hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    Linus said:
    I am not a member of the club. Is the roster accessible to non members?
    Dave Kostansek is in Williamsfield, Ohio, # is 440-293-4079. Good luck, he's hard to get a hold of.
  • Spencer Yarrow
    Spencer Yarrow Expert Adviser
    Geoff said:
    100 m.p.h.!!!!!!!!    With those skinny tyres and two-wheel brakes!   Pressure oiling????  The mind boggles.
    I am with you wouldnt like to be in it at 100 mph