steering wheel

this is the steering wheel to my 48 Super Six business coupe. Is there a way to rebuild this one or do i have to go looking for another one"

Comments

• my steering wheel is simply the steel ring. almost nothing remains otherwise. I can't get a picture to attach for some reason
  • maybe this time
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    Well you can get that one recast for about $500-900 depending on who is recasting it . Or, you could get a later model steering wheel (which will fit)  
  • The plastic can be re-cast over the iron ring of the wheel.  I hear it is time-consuming and expensive to get it perfect.  There are businesses that do this, but I don't have any contact info. Perhaps someone will chime in with a recommendation.
  • can someone send me some steering wheel pictures for the 48 car? I want to keep that part of the car somewhat original.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    edited May 2020
    I sliced a length of heater hose on the inside and covered it with a truck lacing. 39 banjo on a 40 Victoria coupe
  • I do believe that wheel was dealer installed, along with the front yellow fog lights, and rear wiper motor. I know for a fact that this car was last registered in Wyoming in 1957. It still had the plates on it when I bought it from the salvage yard in Glenrock Wyoming.
  • The rear wiper motor was a rare option