How to run dual exhaust for 54 Hornet

Can anyone please post a photo of how they ran a dual exhaust system under a 54 Hornet? I am running Clifford headers off of a 308 Twin H. Thanks Very Much 

Comments

• 54coupe
    54coupe Member
    I don't have photos, but the one I did, we changed the collectors to 2 1/4", and  brought the two pipes out just forward of the right rear wheel using 2 1/4" pipe and a couple of small glass packs.
  • GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    Mine is super simple, running 2" pipes and have inserts for mufflers, exit in front of rear wheels.  Still need proper extensions from the headers (short Cliffords) as I'm running flex pipe currently.

• Ricko
    Ricko Member
    Grim Greased - I don't see mufflers - just straight pipes - right?
  • GrimGreaser
    Baffles from CarChemistry, they fit inside the pipes.
  • Ricko
    Ricko Member
    Wow - I want a real deep tone - are they at a comfortable decibel level that you can drive without an annoying drone?
  • GrimGreaser
    More glass pack tone, though you can add another set with or without the packing to 'tune' your sound. Not uncomfortably loud running down the highway. You can also buy the parts to build your own and make them longer with more discs.
  • Ricko
    Ricko Member
    Thanks

• ratwasp
    ratwasp Member
    I don't have a photo but running 2" straight pipes through the same frame hole as driveshaft.  Splits up after that 
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Not sure why someone has not mentioned that Hudson offered a "splitter" that attached to the exhaust manifold and then ran the pipes under the car and connected it to a single muffler.  And, out of the muffler they had two exhaust pipes that went under the car to the back exiting below the bumper with two pipes next to each other pointing down.  For my car, I determined the exhaust pressure that I had and the resistance I wanted and then increased the size of my pipe to balance the exhaust.  I added a flowmaster and had a single 2 3/4 inch pipe exit by the tail pipe.  When my car raced at Irwindale, California one of the owners had Ike Smith weld a cutout at the first turn below the firewall as a dump tube.  I extended that tube to the passenger side of my car and capped it.  When I want to be obnoxious I uncap the dump tube.
  • Ricko
    Ricko Member
    Thanks

• Not sure why someone has not mentioned that Hudson offered a "splitter" that attached to the exhaust manifold and then ran the pipes under the car and connected it to a single muffler.  And, out of the muffler they had two exhaust pipes that went under the car to the back exiting below the bumper with two pipes next to each other pointing down.  For my car, I determined the exhaust pressure that I had and the resistance I wanted and then increased the size of my pipe to balance the exhaust.  I added a flowmaster and had a single 2 3/4 inch pipe exit by the tail pipe.  When my car raced at Irwindale, California one of the owners had Ike Smith weld a cutout at the first turn below the firewall as a dump tube.  I extended that tube to the passenger side of my car and capped it.  When I want to be obnoxious I uncap the dump tube.
    Sounds great ??