My Hudson Hornet -52 project,

Comments

• Beautiful work... Great job!
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Looking great. Keep the pictures coming
  • Who knows, where i found better blinger covers. This piece is do fiber and other plastic. 
    I need steel parts. 

• Vesa, I have those  need re-chrome, most of these pieces where poor quality to start with. Let me know if you do not find good ones
  • 53hud54 said:
    Vesa, I have those  need re-chrome, most of these pieces where poor quality to start with. Let me know if you do not find good ones
    Ok, can you send me some pic this covers, I can surface these at my workplace.
  • vesaku said:
    53hud54 said:
    Vesa, I have those  need re-chrome, most of these pieces where poor quality to start with. Let me know if you do not find good ones
    Ok, can you send me some pic this covers, I can surface these at my workplace. ....i need also front bumber, front emblems to grill and headlights rings.
  • Vesa, I have to apologize, I have two sets of rears, not the front but I have lots of the light socket housings if you need and I will get back to you tomorrow about the bumper,I have a couple but not sure of condition. Are you talking the center piece with emblem, if so I have a couple with lights, I have no headlight rings. I sent Lance a note to see if he has any of the front parking light surrounds
  • Vesa, I found the parking light surrounds, check your light socket housing and see if it is stamped HUG or HUJ , '52 used glass and plastic lens. I found real nice straight bumper needs chrome but has no corrosion, and the center piece for front with lighted emblem. I will get some pictures to you shortly.

• Autometer gauge mediation, apparently still need to get that speedometer in the same style.
  • ... and there was a bit of a setback with the engine, I had to do engine repairs, it's not easy to do this. 
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    What was the issue with the motor?

• Kdancy said:
    What was the issue with the motor?

For some reason, the bearing strips had been allowed to rotate on the crankshaft blocking the oil channels.  Consequently, they cut back.
  • Amazing amount of engineering!  Fascinating to watch your progress.
  • mrsbojigger
    mrsbojigger Senior Contributor
    Nice seeing your latest work on your car. Nice photos and info!
  •  That’s where it rests again and now it seemed to work, but now I noticed that the steering needs more maneuverability.
  • More maneuverability is tough with rack and pinion... you will need a rack from a car that has a wheelbase close to what the Hudson has. The only way around that, that I can think of, would be to shorten the steering arms on the spindles.
  • rusty_apache
    rusty_apache Member
    edited October 2020
    vesaku said:
    New pic! ^^^^^^^
    As a “non modified enthusiast”, that is quite a beautiful work of art!
    Much respect for the pie crust bias plies, the floral look of the brake discs that compliment the Hudson spindle and the graceful lines of the transmission and rack & pinion mounts.
    The incredible amount of engineering and detail involved in it’s creation just boggles my simple mind!
    Looks like the most difficult part is behind you anyway!
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Oh my! I am not usually into heavily modified cars, but this is amazing. Great work.
  • i am trying to put a 350 engine and 700r in a 52 holly wood wasp did you change the steering system my oil pan is hitting on the center point steering
  • i am trying to put a 350 engine and 700r in a 52 holly wood wasp did you change the steering system my oil pan is hitting on the center point steering
     I installed a Chevrolet Citation rack in Hudson.
  •  Something with a little nibble, steering wheel hub and air suspension pressure gauges where I used Ikea candle feet, well, the kind of ones they now became.
  • mrsbojigger
    mrsbojigger Senior Contributor
    Dude, you out did yourself again! Beautiful craftsmanship!
  • vesaku
    vesaku Member
    Almost ready…..
  • It's great to see your progress. Please keep the updates coming.
  • I haven't looked in a while, fantastic job (nice hood ornament)

• 1,5” shorter steering arms. 
  • Interesting job!
  • StepUp
    StepUp Member
    edited April 2023
    Interesting install of the large gas tank with integrated fuel pump. Is the round tank a gas vapor recovery system, air-ride accumulator, or a N20 tank?
  • StepUp
    StepUp Member
    Any additional updates on this project?