Hot Rod Magazine "This Ultra-Rare Essex Terraplane Stands Out in a Crowd" May 2020

VicTor Z
VicTor Z Senior Contributor
Great Looking Essex Terraplane "Hot Rod". 

Comments

• 5433HET
    5433HET Expert Adviser
    Not a "33 Essex Terraplane at all, going by the sole original part the instrument cluster, it's a 1935!
    How ironic this article brags about the Terraplanes features,specs  and outstanding records it made back when it was new,plus telling how rare they are,and then show this generic rod that in no way resembles the car it started life as, either mechanically or style wise....Go figure! 

• RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited March 2020
    Edit: I commented w/photos a day after original post but after reading subsequent comments other folks can judge by finding the photos themselves ! 

LONG ARTICLE AND PHOTOS~~~~

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    So if it's "Ultra-rare" why make a mockery of it?  Sorry, but  these guys rile me a bit. 
  • GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    Personally, I seek the not-Fords and not-Chevys anymore at the car shows...
  • Geoff, its only rare because it isn't a bog standard chev/ford hot rod variation you see hundreds of at car shows and become boring after awhile... Just thinking of the last car show I attended... Oh its a 350 chev motor and you did blah... Next car oh its a 350 chev and you did blah blah. I think they did a good job and happy they love it... Its only rare in the same vain as finding a rolls Royce hotrod or bugatti... Cheers ken 
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    I'm just being a Curmudgeon really!   To me it's like going and shooting a  white Rhino because its' rare.  Hot rods are like Hip-Hop - should never have been invented!
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    At the risk of being a Curmudgeon, I'm with you Geoff ;)
  • Ha ha... It really comes down to drinking scotch... Some like it straight, others with a little water and some like to ruin a single malt with Coke.... But if you pay for the drink who cares... Cheers ken
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    I'll Drink to That Ken! 
  • If I had to choose between a 34 Ford and a 34-5 Terraplane , on looks alone, I would choose the Terraplane every time, and twice on Sunday. It is simply a better looking car. I can't blame them for their choice, it's simply good taste.
  • I don't see a single part on there that looks like it is an unmodified Hudson part. I don't really understand why hotrodders cling to the name of a car company when they do something like this. Yuck.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.