Parts for sale need ID

5433HET
5433HET Expert Adviser
I have some trinkets for sale. 53 Hornet steering wheel center, taillamp len, not sure of application, and a open faced interior light fixture, rose bud pattern. Welcome info an offers.

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    The light fitting is for a 1929 Hudson, Biddle & Smart  custom bodied  car, and the tail light is for 1938 H 6 and 8 (not Terraplane or 112)
  • Here is a picture of the same light fitting installed in a 1929 Murphy Body Hudson.....
  • It's a feast for the eyes, thanks for sharing!
  • 5433HET
    5433HET Expert Adviser
    Rosebuds trump pinecones!
  • AnnaCarin
    AnnaCarin Member
    edited March 2020
    ... and pinecones trump everything else. I still regret that I didn't place a bid when I saw an auction for a nice Essex dash + door handles a couple of years ago. The set was sold for just $75.
    I think only the Greater Eight had rosebuds, while both Super Six and Essex had pinecones, right?
  • Not entirely. My 1928 Hudson Super Six Sedan has a different pattern, and I think it is elegant. Here are interior parts replated after a lot of surface work. I'm going to have them cast in bronze someday, maybe, because I have only one crank.
  • AnnaCarin
    AnnaCarin Member
    edited March 2020
    Tom, 
    My previous post was clear as mud, I'm afraid. I was only thinking of what there was in 1929. IMHO the rosebuds and pinecones are nicer designs than other brands of all-over embossed dashes, like those shown on this page - no slight intended on other years of HET cars, of course.
    The 1928 pattern is very classy, I hadn't seen closeups of such parts until the foot bar the other day. It's special because it was Hudson's last year for nickel plating too. You've really restored those parts to look like new!