41-47 driver door locking latch (key type) WANTED

really need so  can paint doors/cab. 1941-1947 drivers door latch assembly, the type that takes a key to unlock, like the one on the passenger door. please help!!

Comments

• I'm in the same boat. :/  Managed to find a non-locking mechanism to work in the interim. If anyone has one than one I'm interested too.  First dibs goes to BIGDAWG of course. Good Luck.

• My understanding is that the driver door locking mechanisms came with the 1947 model year cars. Up to then the manufacturers wanted you to enter from the passenger side and slide over. Entering and exiting from the driver door was considered dangerous as that side faced traffic.   Same reason for a long time vans only had side access doors on the passenger(curb) side.
  • bellbigdawg
    bellbigdawg Expert Adviser
    1941 parts book has them as an option in 40-42, would like to get cylinder hole cut before painting
  • bellbigdawg
    bellbigdawg Expert Adviser
    edited February 2020
    Lance said:
    My understanding is that the driver door locking mechanisms came with the 1947 model year cars. Up to then the manufacturers wanted you to enter from the passenger side and slide over. Entering and exiting from the driver door was considered dangerous as that side faced traffic.   Same reason for a long time vans only had side access doors on the passenger(curb) sid thanks lance!! got a 41-47 drivers door locking latch that takes the key cylinder like the passenger door has??