1934 Fender skirts

A set of skirts I did recently.  All hand made, shaped, and bent.  No CNC cut out or bent, dumb of me, maybe.  But that's how I do it.  I don't usually do the emblems.  But my Dad had some cast up for me.  I believe it was his last Hudson part he ever made.  Thanks Dad, they are going to a great car. :)

Comments

• 40indianssgmailcom
    40indianssgmailcom Senior Contributor
    Almost a crime to paint them
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Guy, As with every sheet metal creation you have shared... BRAVO!  you are the mystro of metal shaping!   These skirts are a work of ART and a tangible tribute to the care your take when creating metal objects de art!
  • These seem to have a lot more convex shape to them than some of the reproduction pieces that I've seen.
  • dholck
    dholck Expert Adviser
    I got a pair some years ago - maybe from you?  Some years ago I got in contact with somebody who said they made them curved like the originals. I also had seen the flat reproduction type which did not look good.  If anybody asked me now "where'd you get those?" I wouldn't know what to say. I got them back when a set went for $1,000 - however long ago that was.
    At one time the HET club store sold reproductions of the skirt ornaments (I had the ornaments at least 20 years before I got the skirts).  Anyway, they look great and give the cars a special look with some extra pizzazz. 

Does this look like your picture?  File says it is from 2011, but it seems like I got them longer ago than that.

• jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    As always, absolutely beautiful!
    Maybe some for a 36T someday....:-)
    Jeff
  • bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    Yes, "dholck"  that looks like my original sample skirt that I still refer to as my control sample.
  • bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor

:) "jjbubaboy", I do have you on my list.   :)

• jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    Good to know, THANK YOU!
    :D  you ROCK!