Horn button 1923 Hudson

Does anyone know how to remove the horn button on a 1923 Hudson Sedan?
Mine has a chip out of it and I want to replace it.  Does anyone know a source
for a new button?
Robert

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    I'm pretty sure the round bezel or cover unscrews with the button assembly therein. 
  • I'll give it a try.
    Robert
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    I had a machine shop turn one up on a lathe out of black nylon or rubber material many years ago for my 24H.  Have you thought about taking orders to help others? Also taking some photos of your original to share. I only had a few original pieces to give me a rough shape. 
  • I tried unscrewing it but nothing happens. There seems to be a spring inside the button.
    Don't want to do anything that I might regret. Any other ideas?
    Robert
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Are you unscrewing the bezel?   the horn button rotates, and of course has a spring under it.  Press down real hard on the surround and try unscrewing again. 
  • Geoff my button doesn't have a bezel.  If I press it down the horn is activated. Maybe I need to disconnect the horn and then I can press down?
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Th part I am talking about is about 3 inches across, brown bakelite, and should screw into the hub of the  steering boss with a very fine thread.  Below the horn button.  
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    Is your horn button something like this? 
  • Yes that's it! I guess I have to disconnect the horn then press down on it and unscrew it?
    Great diagram Barry
    Robert
  • Barry
    Here is a photo of my horn button with t