Wire wheels

Looking for a complete set of wires for my commodore-Not sure who would make them 
Kelsey Hayes?
Anyway thanks in advance 

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    edited January 2020
    Kelsey Hayes would be correct.  All I will say about these is you need to wax them and clean them often.  I have a set on my '54 Hornet and they get pinhole rust on them all the time.  I clean and do the rust remove thing but it is a losing battle.  The car came with them and I sure would not buy a set if I had a choice.  They look great but......
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Actually, they were made by Motor Wheel, not Kelsey Hayes. They were lip lace wheels, and not the same as Kelsey Hayes.
  • Chrysler products wire wheels from the 50’s bolt right on. They had 2 bolt patterns, large bolt circle for New Yorker, and same pattern as Hudson from Plymouth,Dodge,DeSoto. They also have the holes for the guide pin.
  • Motor wheel, They made them for most everybody, some of the plymouth/dodge were painted cream,also some were rim laced and some were lip laced. Jim Boyle had some at the national for sale. not hard to find. Kelsey Hayes were made for for Ford.
  • 50C8DAN
    Motor Wheel nor Kelsey Hayes wire wheels are no longer available.  However, Dayton Wheel still makes them, 

http://daytonwirewheels.com/gallery/classiccars/1953hudson.php

I am pretty sure the ones on my Hornet are from Kelsey Hayes.
  • they bent spoke or straight spoke?  rim or hub laced?                        
                                 /
  • Found them 
    thank you
  • 50C8DAN
    I believe mine are bent, but I am traveling and will need to check when I get home.

• tombia
    tombia Member
    edited January 2020
    I Had a set on my Terraplane for quite a few years, they were painted with Rustoleum silver paint, never any problems with rust as they were painted, lip laced in front and rim laced in the back.     
  • tombia said:
    I Had a set on my Terraplane for quite a few years, they were painted with Rustoleum silver paint, never any problems with rust as they were painted, lip laced in front and rim laced in the back.     
    They looks like in great condition!

• 50C8DAN
    My spokes are straight, not bent.
  • They wheels on my terraplane are motor wheel, notice rim laced in back and lip laced in front.
  • Glad I decided to go with the wires
    Until I get a flat;-)