Hudson automatic transmission adapter for sale

russmaas
russmaas Senior Contributor
Hi Guys. I had an order for a Chevrolet transmission kit fall thru.  It will bolt up to any 48-54 6 or 8 cylinder motor.  Kit includes everything to bolt up.  I have the starter also (Chevy mini starter) that is not pictured. $700 for the entire kit plus shipping.  Credit card sales with have a $25 convenience fee.  Call Russ Maas at 309-838-5551 or email at russmaas@frontier.com

Comments

• Wow  ! ! ….is that Bridgeport or CNC  ?
  • Any including Jet 202?
  • russmaas
    It should bolt up since they used the same trans. CNC made 
  • russmaas
    Never had an issue with this design
  • russmaas
    Adapter plate is 1 inch thick
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    Ken, to me one of the great pluses of the Denso mini starter is that it is inherently more gentle on the ring gear teeth than the original style starter, as you know, the Denso starter doesn't rotate until the pinion is fully extended. Unlike the original 'spin up the pinion and smash it into the ring gear' system.
    If ring gears are being chewed by a Denso mini starter I suggest that when the conversion has been done the starter is not correctly located in relation to the flywheel either laterally and/or radially. 
  • schillaz
    schillaz Expert Adviser
    sent you an email Russ.
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    Ken U-Tx said:
    The modern flex plate with integral ring gear seems a much better way to go than using the old manual flywheel with it's ring gear designed to be engaged by the starter pinion from behind. There are some kits out there that used the old manual flywheel and ring gear, and a Denso mini-starter, but the manual flywheel ring gear teeth tend to get chewed up by that arrangement.

(If) this Adapter is 1" Thick and using with the .250 Engine Plate may have been the root cause for this ring gear destruction.
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    edited December 2019

Just a thought...