For Sale - 1950 C6 sedan / 1954 Hornet Convertible

Glowplug
Glowplug Expert Adviser

Sue Dodd has decided to sell her Hudsons ... the attached URL is a PDF that provides contact information and some pictures of the cars.  

For more information call Sue Dodd directly.

http://south-texas-hudson.org/index_files/FOR%20SALE%20%20STC%20website.pdf

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    The posting for the HUDSON Vehicles has been updated with additional pictures of both cars. Thank you
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    what are the asking prices. really do not to call just to find out.  trying not to bother her. thanks
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    I have no asking prices.  
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Update from owner

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Then owner has provided the following information on price-

I will be asking $30,000 or Or Best Offer for the  '54 and $11,000 or OBO for the '50 Commodore.  I have someone lined up to work on the '50 to see if I can get it running to hopefully help the sale. I just cannot get any better pictures as they are both in the garage. The '54 is drive able but I am not brave enough to back it out of the garage,take pictures and then put it back in

• bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    Seemingly fair price on the 54 if it's drive-able and only in need of some cosmetics.  Maybe someone will be able to go by one afternoon and help her get some better pictures and descriptions. 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Bump for fresh views
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    The 1954 Convertible is Sold
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Whatever happened to that Black '54 CV up in NY that was on again, off again on ebay?  Anyone know?  It seemed like it was bounced around for about 2 years or more.
  • bull_islander
    Dark blue. He sold it, purchaser joined the club and posts on the club facebook page occasionally.  Nice looking car.  
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Probably could get more money if the seller washed the car before posting pictures on Ebay. How hard could that be?
  • 50C8DAN
    I think the days of the $100K Hornet convertibles are gone.  More realistic at $35 to $50K tops in premo condition.
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    belonged to Lee Dodd who has passed away sadly.

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    In the grand scheme of things; the return of this convertible to the market is surprising.  The seller is a neighbor of Sue and the late Lee Dodd.  
  • bull_islander
    The Ebay listing started out as a $20k opening bid and did not have a reserve contingency which was interesting since the original for sale post said Ms Dodd was asking $30k for it. 

The Ebay listing does now indicate there is a reserve.

Disappointing that they didn't clean it up and take better pictures.  Listing also indicates the car has dual exhaust...the pictures suggest it does not.
  • bull_islander
    Anybody else get one of these from Ebay (was going to ask the seller a question) : 

"Unfortunately due to the high volume of messages this seller receives, they are unable to respond to your specific question right now"    

Never seen that before
  • 50C8DAN
    From the looks $30K would be a deal!
  • bull_islander
    edited March 2020
    For those interested, this is a response from the seller:

Hi,
    I will be getting the car cleaned and posting new pictures up by Friday. I apologize I removed the wording of it having headers and dual exhaust. It is a dual range hydra-matic. I only had it for a few months was planning to keep it but emergency came up. I posted a pic of what the previous owner had done to the car.