leather interior for 1952 HORNET HOLLYWOOD

I am considering  replacing the cloth interior  in my Hornet with leather. Does anyone know of a kit for the seats, door panels etc.  Did Hudson originally offer leather for the Hollywood?  Because it is a Hornet Hollywood would the pattern be like the convertible?  Any help would be appreciated.    

Comments

• ratlee2
    ratlee2 Expert Adviser
    I don't believe anyone offers kits.  Lebaron Bonney did make kits for JC Whitney, Kanter, and automotiveinteriors.com, but they unfortunetly closed their doors and filed for bankruptcy.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Leather interior options were offered by Hudson.  The Dealer salesman books show the materials and designs. The HET club librarian, Hudson literature collection housed with AACA museum at Hersey PA, HET Historical Society collection should all have examples of these books.  Connecting with the curators of these collections will bring the Factory options to you.
  • I just visited the AACA library.All I was shown were magazine adds. I  was looking for exactly  what you suggested. Perhaps the person who assisted me  didn't know this book exists at the library. What would you suggest? Thank you for your help
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Karl... Contact Larry Kennedy a HET member whose contact information is in the HET Roster.   Also Dick Teeter is the AACA library collection manager again his information is in the HET roster.  Finally the Hudson Historical Society is a repository for information such as you are seeking. Using the WTN find the contact information for the Society president ... who I think recently changed.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    My '53 Hornet has blue leather upholstery.   I can send you a pic if you like.
  • Geoff, thank you for your response. If you could send me a photo of seats and door panels that would be great. Are your seats original ?My email is karlmystic@aol.com
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Not sure if original or not, as I have only had the car 20 years, and it  came from South Africa originally.   Will take a photo today and send to you.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Are you sure it is not Rhino or Elephant hide?  Of course, it could be Zebra since we have not seen the photos yet!
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Photos attached.   Doors are a mix of vinyl and leather trim.