1937 Terraplane Carb

I'm in need of the perculator lid for my Carter W1 carburator, tag #34SS. If anyone could point me in the right direction where I might find and purchase it would be much appreciated. Would buy a complet carb if necessary. Mine is working fine other than the lid has broken.
Thanks

Comments

• Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser

Not sure what pert you are referring to as that is not listed on the carter carb sheet for #344.  The body of these carbs are virtually identical for many years.  Really the only differences are in the jets and rods.  So if it is part of the body of the carb look for another Carter carb with similar numbers and see if the part is there.

Jay  

• BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    Is this what you are talking about?  I was told they were a one year only thing & discontinued due to creating fires from gas leaking.  

• Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser
    So the part pictured is a dash pot.  It is on 37 - 40 carbs.
  • Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser
    If you need a part call "The Carburetor Shop LLC".  just google them.....  I was talking to the guy a few years ago when I did my twin H carbs and discovered he purchased all the prototype tooling from Carter years ago.  So he can make/remake any brass or other part for the carbs except the cast parts.  He also has all the new gaskets.  He may have what you need.  Good source for matching jets and metering rods.
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    Im sure there are plenty of spare parts in the USA. Contact me in a few weeks if you havent found one. Barry in Australia
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    I have a complete and working Carter W1 and a selection of spare parts that I'd like to sell as one lot. It was on my 34 Hudson. Email me if you're interested -  delythrh@btinternet.com