Towing a hudson

drivergo2
drivergo2 Expert Adviser
Can a 52 hudson hornet be towed on one of those two wheeled tow dollies .? Thanks John 

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Not recommended!!!
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    If you do, remove the drive shaft.

• ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Not a great idea, but better than flat towing. I did it once when I was younger from Michigan to Florida, but it was a little dicey.  Also be careful turning, the dolly may damage car fenders.  remove drive shaft as Geoff says.

• My 1951 commodore 6 convertible that I bought in Minot N.D. from a man who didn’t tell the truth quit on the San Mateo bridge with my two year old Son in it. A very bad situation on a freeway two lane bridge. The Cal trans tow truck came. I had a choice a tow to the West side and drop it or a round trip and drop and drop it. I chose the round trip. It ruined my transmission as they towed it with the rear wheels on the ground, in neutral but rear wheels turning. I got another tow truck to get it home. I took the transmission out and took it to Wayne Ballerstein and thinking it would save me some money I said “ take your time “ He did , almost two years . I never really drove it again. I sold it at an auction in Las Vegas and barley broke even. I learned not to buy a car advertised as “ restored to highest specifications “ from a Lawyer in North Dakota and don’t let them tow it with the wheels on the ground unless you can disconnect the driveshaft. The  way they drive out here I’m lucky they didn’t hit it , total it and kill my little boy.