Transmission rebuild parts

schillaz
schillaz Expert Adviser
I'm going to rebuild a 3 speed OD transmission for my stepdown this winter. Where can I source a rebuild kit for these guys? 

Thanks,

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    edited October 2019
    You will need to source the bits and pieces... kits are not available for the Hudson BW transmissions.   Some of the gears are difficult if not impossible to find. The gaskets are available from different sources.   Make a list of the parts you will need and ID their individual part numbers,and start your search.  My last transmission (3 Spd_ OD ) was rebuilt by Al Saffrahan and he had to use a couple of reusable used pieces to complete the job.   Al is the go to man from this work in the HUDSON WORLD.

Al Saffrahn RUST FREE western sheet metal and tons of Hudson parts and cars, Engine, transmission and overdrive rebuilding is his specialty. Phone 520-568-2911  email
  • schillaz
    schillaz Expert Adviser
    Thanks, I'm mainly looking for new input/output seals, gaskets and more than likely synchros.

I have some spare trans for gears and bearings if worn.
  • WRP has a seal kit and bearing kit listed on their web page.
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    Does this difficulty in obtaining parts apply to both the single and double lever overdrive transmissions used on stepdowns?
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    Here's a source of reproduction Borg-Warner overdrive parts that may be of interest to some http://www.fifthaveinternetgarage.com/overdrive_parts.php
  • Might want to try Fatsco in New Jersey.